Home

hate in your eyes theme song appreciation thread

This is a discussion on hate in your eyes theme song appreciation thread within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 12:57 PM   #9
MVP
 
drae2's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Re: hate in your eyes theme song appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
It depends on what Hip Hop youre listening to. If youre a casual listener and only know about whats playing on the radio, top 40, and MTV then yeah it IS getting played out from a genuine and originality standpoint. As far is it getting played out as in going away, sucka please lol. Hip Hip right now accounts for 58% of ALL music sales world wide. That means the other 42% is divided up between Rock, Pop, Country, Classical, etc. Sure its that played out commercialized formulated run off of an assembly line hip hop thats selling alot of records. 50-Cent and all that mess is pure commercialized garbage. Some people would call someone like 50-Cent the best rap artist out there today. Well high record sales doesnt mean youre the best, it means your commericalized stuff has crossover mass appeal and kids in the hood are buying it as well as "Bobby and Cindy" in the suburbs. Very few truly great hip hop ARTISTS have platinum or even gold records. Outside of Jay-Z, Nas, Biggie and Pac thats about it and two of them are now dead. You dont get to hear Talib Kweli, Common, Mos Def, Quann, and the likes on the radio and on MTV that often because they arent recording that crap you hear out htere now. You know..phat beat, played out lryics.. "Im this..Im like that.. I got this.. I got that. And Ill shoot you in your azz.. I get girls.. I make them scream.. la la la la" wash, rinse, and repeat...but that right there is what the casual hip hop consumers are purchasing. I could go into the burbs with a Blackstar CD or a Talib Kweli CD and most of those kids would be like "huh?" For one..all the beats arent some shake your booty in the club beats..and the lyrics are so deep and talk about things the onnly way theyed understand is ifthey really lived that lifestyle those kids would think its whack.

As long as the general public is willing to buy the "I got 24's on my ride, let me shoot you in the azz" CD's ala 50 Cent, T.I. etc then thats whats going to keep getting pushed out there and shown on MTV.

Chamillionare is still underground to most people. Ive been following his career for the past 4 years now. I think though once the mainstream catches on his albums will turn into 50-Cent type clones. Give me Common and Nas and the general public can keep all that top 40 hip hop you hear. To me thats RAP music..thats not Hip Hop.
Amen.
drae2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:03 PM   #10
Dungeoneer
 
CM Hooe's Arena
 
OVR: 45
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 19,162
Re: hate in your eyes theme song appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Hip Hip right now accounts for 58% of ALL music sales world wide. That means the other 42% is divided up between Rock, Pop, Country, Classical, etc.
Just curious as to where you got this, do you have a link to this info? It seems kind of hard to believe to me, but if it's true it's true. Kinda surprising, not what I would have thought.
__________________
Christopher Hooe
CM Hooe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:24 PM   #11
Banned
 
Bobolini's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cville, Va
Re: hate in your eyes theme song appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
It depends on what Hip Hop youre listening to. If youre a casual listener and only know about whats playing on the radio, top 40, and MTV then yeah it IS getting played out from a genuine and originality standpoint. As far is it getting played out as in going away, sucka please lol. Hip Hip right now accounts for 58% of ALL music sales world wide. That means the other 42% is divided up between Rock, Pop, Country, Classical, etc. .
Actually in 2003 rock accounted for 25.2%,
Rap/Hip-Hop was 13.3%
R&B/Urban 10.6%,
Country was 10.4%
Pop was 8.9%

See link below:
http://www.riaa.com/news/marketingda...merprofile.pdf
Bobolini is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 AM.

Top -