Home

The Deep Ball

This is a discussion on The Deep Ball within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-04-2005, 03:11 AM   #25
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: The Deep Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
This is a simple case of you got the defected copy of Madden. I play on all-madden level, and with some slightly adjusted sliders, I can complete some nice deep balls from time to time. And if I get a step on the defender, I usually can complete the pass, timing is everything. Whoooo!!! I got the non-defected copy I guess!
I second that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2005, 11:31 AM   #26
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Matchups are critical. Manual Catch at all times. pretty much it.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:59 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
I second that
Really, please let us know if you have ever did play action and your receiver was 20 yards alone? this is rare on All Pro so i can't imagine this ever happenign on All Madden. in the few games i played i was sacked and gave up on play action.

the secret to deep passes is CPU AWR and Human QB ACC. if higher AWR you will get the saftey running accross the whole field as the ball is in the air to deflect it. what i think sucks is that the flys to the rarely work. my qb has power of 94 but it does not seem enough to get it over the head of the 85 rated CB. I tried raising QB ACC and it seemed to add more zip to the ball and i hit a few bombs over the head of the DB.

anyone else hitting the bomb over the DB?
Old 09-05-2005, 12:11 AM   #28
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Yea, I have faked out some DB's before on play action....as a matter of fact, play action is a big part of my offense. I do slide the protection to help, but I run play action at least 5-6 times per game. Might take a sack once out of those times. But I hit 15-25 yard gains off of it too. And I hit the bomb as well....I just don't see unrealistic results with the bomb. May I suggest my sliders on the slider forum. Labled "All Madden Sliders" by me.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:58 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
Yea, I have faked out some DB's before on play action....as a matter of fact, play action is a big part of my offense. I do slide the protection to help, but I run play action at least 5-6 times per game. Might take a sack once out of those times. But I hit 15-25 yard gains off of it too. And I hit the bomb as well....I just don't see unrealistic results with the bomb. May I suggest my sliders on the slider forum. Labled "All Madden Sliders" by me.
You only do PA 5-6 times a game? How can that be a big part when you have 60 plays? The CPU does it about 15 times a game. Plus half of the passing plays are PA this year.

And what team, QB, are you using?
Old 09-05-2005, 05:27 AM   #30
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Try this go to practice. Look at your receivers and the cpu db's. Pay attention to speed. I used the Colts vs Giants. Throw wheel routes to Harrison. Now the key I can't take credit for. I read it on here somewhere. People think you can't lead the receiver and that you have to take control of the receiver. You don't have to do that and you can lead your receiver. In fact I overthrew him a bunch of times. What you have to do is after you hit the reciever icon hold up on the stick. If you do it at the same time then he throws the ball high, but if you do it right after the icon then he throws the lead pass like last year. Trust me it works its just all about timing. Also I was playing on all madden, so it wasn't on a weak level. It doesn't connect all the time but you will see the ball is getting distance not just air.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:36 AM   #31
MVP

sirjam's Arena

I just made another discovery. Qb accuracy is not just that. It is also how far you can throw as well. I went into practice again with no d and sent Harrison on fly routes with the ball on the 50. Here are the results with accuracy at 0 Manning couldn't throw the ball 30 yrds. With it at default he could throw it 5 yrds from the endzone. With it maxed out he could throw it darn near out of the endzone. I think this is the reason so many people are having the problem of the wr slowing down to catch the ball, its because the qb isn't throwing it far enough so the receiver can get some seperation to catch on the run. Now we just have to find out the right setting so it doesn't become to easy to throw it deep. If you don't believe me try it out you will see what I am talking about. I am on all- madden as well so it might be different on all pro or lower.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »