Home

IMP Attribute

This is a discussion on IMP Attribute within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-01-2005, 03:45 PM   #1
The future...

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
IMP Attribute

I was looking over my roster and noticed that if you scroll all the way over to the right there is an attribute listed as IMP. Since I had no idea what this attribute was, I went to create a player to see what it is listed as, but it isn't even an attribute you can create. Does anyone know what the IMP rating is? Is it some sort of potential rating? Thanks for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2005, 03:48 PM   #2
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: IMP Attribute

I already asked about this. We believe it is IMPACT or IMPORTANCE a player has to the team. A big player has a high IMP rating because he means a lot to the team. A third string center will have 0 because he is basically just taking up a roster spot and not serving any other purpose.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:10 PM   #3
Community Manager

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Also, I believe it was determined this is how much a skill player will touch the ball, or which way a team will run the ball (i.e. if a LT has an IMP rating of 99 and the RT has an IMP rating of 75, they will run left more).

Also may have an effect on trade/resigning logic.

My Twitter
My PARTNERED Twitch Channel!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:50 PM   #4
Dungeoneer

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Going from the manual of Madden NFL 2001 (PC) and my own observations:

The IMP is "Importance". It is influenced by the player's OVR rating and the depth of the particular team at the particular position. This has no affect on the way the player plays, but rather determines how the CPU acts in trades.

For example, players like Michael Vick who have 99 IMP, it is almost impossible to trade for without giving up a significant amount of talent and/or draft picks. Players with low IMP, like (staying with the Falcons) Matt Schaub, it is very easy to trade for. This can give the user an advantage when trading if there is a talented player buried below other talented players; for example it is kinda easy to trade for Minnesota's #1 pick, Troy Williamson, because he is the 4th best receiver on the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »