Home

Teams blowing up...

This is a discussion on Teams blowing up... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2005, 10:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Teams blowing up...

Man i just finished my first franchinse and it's the off season and the chargers let go of everyone. LT Gates Brees Williams Edwards, they blew up thier whole team to rebuild since i'm the broncos and killed em . it's crazy to see LT on the Cardnals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2005, 10:04 AM   #2
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Teams blowing up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CireZero
Man i just finished my first franchinse and it's the off season and the chargers let go of everyone. LT Gates Brees Williams Edwards, they blew up thier whole team to rebuild since i'm the broncos and killed em . it's crazy to see LT on the Cardnals
That's odd, in the second year of mine (Steeler's franchise) they are still intact. I guess it's because they were good in the first season of mine, but not in yours.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:45 PM   #3
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

yea thats a bit odd... but in my first season with the giants gates had to retire from a career ending injury
Old 09-04-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

This is the reason why I select all 32 teams before starting a franchise so i can police the league....

I've always played this way and monitored the CPU's moves so that crazy stuff doesn't happen.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
This is the reason why I select all 32 teams before starting a franchise so i can police the league....

I've always played this way and monitored the CPU's moves so that crazy stuff doesn't happen.

That sounds like a good idea I might try. But how do you conduct the NFL draft???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2005, 03:41 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

Do you let the CPU handle the draft and free agency? I wouldn't feel right if I could control all of that for every single team.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I started selecting all 32 teams in Dynasty in Madden 2005 later last year. I let the CPU do everything for itself except the draft, which I just conduct fairly based on need, then best available.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:33 PM   #8
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbrock316
I started selecting all 32 teams in Dynasty in Madden 2005 later last year. I let the CPU do everything for itself except the draft, which I just conduct fairly based on need, then best available.
There's something about this that just doesn't sound completely fair either. First of all, there is zero trading amongst cpu teams if you control all teams, unless you do the trading yourself. And something tells me, you always get your way with your team when it comes right donw to it. Is it all that unusual to see a team blow itself up in the league? Sure I can't think of a better player to have than LT or Gates or Brees, but salary cap problems aren't that unusual.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »