Home

goal line stands

This is a discussion on goal line stands within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2005, 06:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
goal line stands

how can you stop someone on the goal line. for years madden has had this problem. once you get on the 1 or 2 yard line its automatic you're gonna score a TD. if you just plow straight ahead with anybody. QB,RB it does'nt seem to matter. same thing on most fourth down and 1 plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.
Re: goal line stands

Never had this problem before. You just have to pick the right play. If you think theyre going to run it up the hmiddle, select Jam Middle. It just all depends on what play you pick.

I threw an INT and I tackled the LB on the 1 yard line. So it was 1st and goal on the 1 yard line. in 3 plays, I made them kick a field goal. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you dont. I try to listen to "ask madden" during goalline. Since I figure they might score anyways. IT sucks when they do playaction though, cause its almost an automatic td, unless you get a sack.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

On plays like this i like to bring the house blitz bring everone in spread my LB's out and pinch my d line in its not to big of a problem for me.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

qb sneak or fb dive = auto td
Old 09-05-2005, 02:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Just like in real life, if they get to the 1 yard line they're gonna score most of the time. All you can do is jam the middle and hope to stop them with your CB's if they pitch it out or pass it.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2005, 04:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

my favorite goaline D is the Flat Slide, really effective on containing the run and pass
Old 09-05-2005, 05:18 PM   #7
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Yea, this is certainly not an automatic in Madden. Just last week, I was playing my friend, and he needed a touchdown to get within 7. He started on the 2, 1st and goal. Four straight times I stuffed him, even once with a QB sneak. I did, just like the other poster said, jam middle, crunched the line in, and slammed his QB back in the backfield. He went from 1st and goal at the 2, to my ball at at the 4. But like another guy said, typically when you get inside the 5, the odds are stacked heavily in the offenses favor. This is realistic.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:09 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
Yea, this is certainly not an automatic in Madden. Just last week, I was playing my friend, and he needed a touchdown to get within 7. He started on the 2, 1st and goal. Four straight times I stuffed him, even once with a QB sneak. I did, just like the other poster said, jam middle, crunched the line in, and slammed his QB back in the backfield. He went from 1st and goal at the 2, to my ball at at the 4. But like another guy said, typically when you get inside the 5, the odds are stacked heavily in the offenses favor. This is realistic.
Not for my detroit lions they can't score a TD in real life to save their lives

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »