Home

Old 08-14-2005, 04:49 PM   #1
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
NFL Europe

What I can't understand is to why EA/Tiburon have not incorporated NFL Europe into the franchise mode. Instead of giving us extra modes, why not beef up the current franchise mode? This year Owner mode was combined with Franchise mode to fit in the SS mode.

How come at the end of each season, when April comes around we don't have the NFL Europe league incorporated with the franchise mode? I know that this has been brought up by me over the past few years on this board. This mode would add to the single player game for franchise. How would this work?

-You could either choose to SIM through the NFLE season and manage your team during this process or you could pick one of the NFLE teams in March and then play through their schedule.

-When the calendar year comes to March you are given the opportunity to send players from your team to the NFL Europe league. I can't remember how many players could be send to Europe, but I think it was about 5-7 from a team.

-The NFL Europe Allocation draft would occur so than all players could be drafted to the proper NFLE teams.

-Trades are allowed to occur.

-World Bowl Championship would also be a part of this.

-Players attributes could also go up or down depending on how they played in NFLE as they hone their skills.

-Since there are also players on the NFL European league that are not on any of the US NFL teams, they could in June-July make attempts to join the training camp squad for an NFL team. In your email, you would receive an offer from their agent wanting to negotiate.

I think that imo the NFL Europe league would be a much more useful feature in the franchise mode than Superstar mode and any other crap that EA continues to jam down our throats. This would only help give football fans more for the yearly upgrades that we get for $50 and then I hear $60 for next gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
Rookie

hydrostar's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NFL Europe

Dude, that is an absolutely dynamite idea.
And there is no reason to not take advantage of having the rights to NFLE, giving players a better developmental system AND some more games to play.

Excellent post, man.
Excellent.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:27 PM   #3
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrostar
Dude, that is an absolutely dynamite idea.
And there is no reason to not take advantage of having the rights to NFLE, giving players a better developmental system AND some more games to play.

Excellent post, man.
Excellent.
Thanks.

I've been posting about NFLE the last 3 years on this board, but it seems like EA has never had any incentive to implement their development system league into Madden. Granted we received OWNER and SUPERSTAR modes over the last 2 years, but why not beef up the FRANCHISE mode?

We already know that EA has the rights to the NFLE teams. All they would have to do then is get the coaches and non US NFL players licensed for the first season of the game. The NFLE adds another dynamic to this game that hasn't been explored.

Last edited by CaptainZombie; 08-14-2005 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:04 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

NFLE is a feature that will be implemented on Madden 2008 or 2009 for next gen. I already know Madden 2007 will be horrible because they have no competition and they have this classic excuse that the next gen is still early and still on the process of testing it.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:27 PM   #5
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
NFLE is a feature that will be implemented on Madden 2008 or 2009 for next gen. I already know Madden 2007 will be horrible because they have no competition and they have this classic excuse that the next gen is still early and still on the process of testing it.
How can you make these assumptions without knowing what is even on tap with Madden 360? I'm not even a Madden fanboy, and I'm giving EA one more chance with the next gen after being disappointed with the last few years of Madden. Madden '06 wasn't too bad, but still not where it should be at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2005, 07:58 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
How can you make these assumptions without knowing what is even on tap with Madden 360? I'm not even a Madden fanboy, and I'm giving EA one more chance with the next gen after being disappointed with the last few years of Madden. Madden '06 wasn't too bad, but still not where it should be at.
If you noticed in the last 4 years Madden relies more on gimmick than gameplay improvements. And that was with competition, now that they don't have one, what will motivate them to improve when the competition is eliminated? The only choices we have in the next 5 years is either we play NFL game video games or not, seeing as they are the only one making NFL games. I enjoy the Madden games, but I myself would love to see more improvement on gameplay than improving the Superstar Mode.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:03 PM   #7
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
If you noticed in the last 4 years Madden relies more on gimmick than gameplay improvements. And that was with competition, now that they don't have one, what will motivate them to improve when the competition is eliminated? The only choices we have in the next 5 years is either we play NFL game video games or not, seeing as they are the only one making NFL games. I enjoy the Madden games, but I myself would love to see more improvement on gameplay than improving the Superstar Mode.
I don't blame you for being upset. I just think that we need to give EA one more chance with Madden 360. If they screw this up, than there is a real problem. I don't want a beefed up version of Madden 2006 with graphical upgrades for the 360. They have a chance to make an IMPACT.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:51 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

I've been saying this for the last few years as well. I'd love to see NFL Europe implented into the franchise mode. Sheesh, the teams are already there, so why not put them to use?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »