Home

Accelerated Clock Question

This is a discussion on Accelerated Clock Question within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-06-2005, 07:49 AM   #1
Welcome

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Accelerated Clock Question

I noticed that with accelerated clock on playing human vs cpu, when I call my plays the clock would speed up momentarily until the cpu play is in and then the clock would count down like normal during the game. Is that what accelarated clock is supposed to do because I don't think there is a real difference between that and normal clock speed. Anyone know about this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2005, 10:17 AM   #2
Rookie

Gr8ONe's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Accelerated Clock Question

Yeah, that's what it's supposed to do. ACC Clock is used for those who try to play longer games without having to sit through all the time that it would take for the clock to tick down. So the clock speeds up to where a team would typically break the huddle. Great feature that they added in I believe last year.

You could now play 15 minute quarters for stats and it not take 3 hours..........it would take 2 1/2 hours.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:43 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Its actually been in the past few years of Madden I believe...

Accelerated Clock basically runs down the clock all the way down to 20 seconds. This should leave you enough time to call audibles, move a man in motion, etc.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

But be careful. Sometimes when it shows you a replay, esp. a really long one, the click is running the whole time. So, you select your play and head to the huddle with about 5 seconds left, and get nailed for Delay of Game.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:45 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
But be careful. Sometimes when it shows you a replay, esp. a really long one, the click is running the whole time. So, you select your play and head to the huddle with about 5 seconds left, and get nailed for Delay of Game.
actually it doesnt. I've tested this, because countless times I've sat and watched the replay. But when it goes to the play calling screen, you'll notice the clock starts at 40 seconds.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »