Home

Computer builts pure Pro-Bowl D in off-season

This is a discussion on Computer builts pure Pro-Bowl D in off-season within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2005, 02:47 AM   #1
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Computer builts pure Pro-Bowl D in off-season

In year 1 of the playoffs (I am the Bears), I lost to the Panthers in the 1st round. 21-0. They killed me. Seeing how I struggled on offense all season long I needed some upgrades. I traded Thomas Jones plus some picks to the Texans to move up in the draft and get the 5th pick. With it I drafted Omar Jacobs (85 overall) and with 28th picked (1st round) drafted Mike Hass (81 overall). I also signed Hines Wards. I thought if I met the Panthers again in the playoffs I would be ready. Muhammed and now Ward. A scrambling qb and Benson only getting better. However, I was dead wrong.

The Panthers upgraded to the next level. These are their starters.

LE - Julius Peppers - 98
RE - Mike Rucker - 95
DT - Kris Jenkins - 99
DT - Brenston Buckner - 93
LOLB - Peter Boulware - 96
MLB - Dan Morgan - 95
ROLB - Mike Vrabel - 93
CB - Ken Lucas - 92
CB - Chris Gamble - 86
FS - Mike Minter - 93
SS - Thomas Davis - 91

I am in game four right now (year two) and yep, I'm playing the Panthers at home. Right now it's half time and 17-0. Last three games my offensive average is 40 something ppg. Played some really bad teams first three games, and now I can't do nothing. Receivers are getting popped, Jacobs is getting popped, blockers are getting thrown around. It's a disaster. But I find it pretty neat how the Panthers build around an already solid D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2005, 03:36 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Computer builts pure Pro-Bowl D in off-season

Peter Boulware and Mike Vrabel are the only two that they signed as free-agents. The rest were there.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:32 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 7

I don't see Will Witherspoon listed. Did they lose him, or is he a backup LB? If they still have him as a backup, I say Daaayyyyuummmm!!
Old 09-02-2005, 08:38 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8027
In year 1 of the playoffs (I am the Bears), I lost to the Panthers in the 1st round. 21-0. They killed me. Seeing how I struggled on offense all season long I needed some upgrades. I traded Thomas Jones plus some picks to the Texans to move up in the draft and get the 5th pick. With it I drafted Omar Jacobs (85 overall) and with 28th picked (1st round) drafted Mike Hass (81 overall). I also signed Hines Wards. I thought if I met the Panthers again in the playoffs I would be ready. Muhammed and now Ward. A scrambling qb and Benson only getting better. However, I was dead wrong.

The Panthers upgraded to the next level. These are their starters.

LE - Julius Peppers - 98
RE - Mike Rucker - 95
DT - Kris Jenkins - 99
DT - Brenston Buckner - 93
LOLB - Peter Boulware - 96
MLB - Dan Morgan - 95
ROLB - Mike Vrabel - 93
CB - Ken Lucas - 92
CB - Chris Gamble - 86
FS - Mike Minter - 93
SS - Thomas Davis - 91

I am in game four right now (year two) and yep, I'm playing the Panthers at home. Right now it's half time and 17-0. Last three games my offensive average is 40 something ppg. Played some really bad teams first three games, and now I can't do nothing. Receivers are getting popped, Jacobs is getting popped, blockers are getting thrown around. It's a disaster. But I find it pretty neat how the Panthers build around an already solid D.
Err...the Panthers have a good Defense in real life.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:07 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles167
Err...the Panthers have a good Defense in real life.
Yeah, but you gotta admit the additions there of Boulware and Vrabel are very nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2005, 10:05 AM   #6
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

On the matchup screen, what does the game say that defense rates as?
Old 09-02-2005, 03:18 PM   #7
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Their defense is rated 99.

And yep they still have Witherspoon as a back up with a rating of 89. They also have Chris Draft with a rating of 85 as a back up.

I forgot to include the injured Champ Baily. I just noticed they have him on the IR. I don't remember how they acquired him as I don't remember a trade but I did notice they don't have Stephen Davis or Foster anymore. (Foster is on the Broncos so that explains part of that deal) Goings is their starter.

And yeah I know in real life the Panthers have a good defense but with those additions, that makes it untouchable. And also everyone improved rating wise from year 1.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:35 PM   #8
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

I would kill for the Panthers to be that stacked next year...and Champ Bailey on top of that?

I would guess they also sent Ricky Manning in the trade to the Broncos

Still good lord...thats insane, and they didnt even need to ger Vrabel since Witherspoon is still there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »