Home

having a hard time with this game

This is a discussion on having a hard time with this game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2005, 12:06 AM   #1
Rookie

biglen's Arena

OVR: 2
having a hard time with this game

i am trying to play a season with the eagles on all pro setting and i have tried everyone's sliders.i can't run or pass.every time i try to run i get hit in the backfield.i tried every tip and i still suck(i don't hit boost until i'm in the open and i follow exactly where the play is designed).as far as passing,i don't lock on to the receiver i want to pass to til the last second,i let the qb drop back on his own,and it's either incomplete,knocked down,or intercepted.by half time of my first game i am always losing by at least 3 td's.i know the game of football and choose the right defenses for what the situation calls for and the cpu walks all over me.do i just suck or am i doing something wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2005, 08:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: having a hard time with this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglen
i am trying to play a season with the eagles on all pro setting and i have tried everyone's sliders.i can't run or pass.every time i try to run i get hit in the backfield.i tried every tip and i still suck(i don't hit boost until i'm in the open and i follow exactly where the play is designed).as far as passing,i don't lock on to the receiver i want to pass to til the last second,i let the qb drop back on his own,and it's either incomplete,knocked down,or intercepted.by half time of my first game i am always losing by at least 3 td's.i know the game of football and choose the right defenses for what the situation calls for and the cpu walks all over me.do i just suck or am i doing something wrong?
Well personally, when I play with Denver and use Tatum Bell, I hit boost pretty much right away -- simultaneously as I position the RB where the hole is or often times following right behind the fullback. I then use Y or the truck stick most if I end up running into a defender head on.

As for passing, I turned off QB vision. I could deal with it but it was too much of a pain imo. Without it, I simply throw to whomever is open; throwing right as they make their cuts and often leading them a little with the analog stick. I remember seeing that precision passing is turned off if you turn off QB vision, but as far as I can tell it still works.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:37 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: having a hard time with this game

Give this a shot. Put the gameplay on pro when you are on offense. And then All-pro when the CPU is on offense. You'd be amazed at the realism you can achieve with properly adjusted sliders doing this. Works for me. I average between 180 and 300ish in total yards for both teams(each)with 10 min.acc.quarters. I think that's not too bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »