Home

Ingame Video of Madden 360 Next Gen!

This is a discussion on Ingame Video of Madden 360 Next Gen! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 10:49 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Ingame Video of Madden 360 Next Gen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
I think everyone is jumping the gun here. In fact, this is why EA hasn't been showing much of the game yet, because they know that hardcore fans are going to pick it apart.

All we saw on this video was a brief clip of replays from a game. We have no idea how it will actually look when we play, and - more importantly, we have no idea of what the XBox 360 is going to allow EA to do that it hasn't been able before.

People always come on and complain about "the same old Madden." Ya - maybe so - the core of the game is still very much the same game that we were playing on the Sega Genesis.

But - come on - you can't even begin to argue that EA has mailed it in when moving up to new platforms. I can still remember the first times I played Madden and then NCAA on the original Playstation. It was absolutely amazing at the time, and we had never played a football game with that amount of depth.

It was the same thing with the PS2/XBox (and even NFL2K on the Dreamcast for that matter). Madden/NCAA on the PS2 and XBox has been incredible. It's ridiculous to act like EA hasn't made an amazing football game with Madden and NCAA on PS2/XBox. I think we take for granted how amazing and in-depth these games have become.

And - there is no reason (other than a few short clips) to expect that a similar level of innovation won't occur with the 360 and the PS3. Ea will have more to work with and will be able to do more things - things that we haven't even thought about.

Bottom line - I remain highly optimistic about getting the chance to play Madden on the 360 - hopefully sometime in November. I'm certain that this will be a great experience for me, that I will remember - like when I played Madden and NCAA on the PSX for the first time and on the PS2 for the first time.
What was your initial reaction to this movie?...Be real....
Old 09-08-2005, 10:51 AM   #34
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I think everyone is jumping the gun here. In fact, this is why EA hasn't been showing much of the game yet, because they know that hardcore fans are going to pick it apart.

All we saw on this video was a brief clip of replays from a game. We have no idea how it will actually look when we play, and - more importantly, we have no idea of what the XBox 360 is going to allow EA to do that it hasn't been able before.

People always come on and complain about "the same old Madden." Ya - maybe so - the core of the game is still very much the same game that we were playing on the Sega Genesis.

But - come on - you can't even begin to argue that EA has mailed it in when moving up to new platforms. I can still remember the first times I played Madden and then NCAA on the original Playstation. It was absolutely amazing at the time, and we had never played a football game with that amount of depth.

It was the same thing with the PS2/XBox (and even NFL2K on the Dreamcast for that matter). Madden/NCAA on the PS2 and XBox has been incredible. It's ridiculous to act like EA hasn't made an amazing football game with Madden and NCAA on PS2/XBox. I think we take for granted how amazing and in-depth these games have become.

And - there is no reason (other than a few short clips) to expect that a similar level of innovation won't occur with the 360 and the PS3. Ea will have more to work with and will be able to do more things - things that we haven't even thought about.

Bottom line - I remain highly optimistic about getting the chance to play Madden on the 360 - hopefully sometime in November. I'm certain that this will be a great experience for me, that I will remember - like when I played Madden and NCAA on the PSX for the first time and on the PS2 for the first time.
I feel tha same exact way. At the same time tho I have to take this video for what it is. It isnt an official EA release video so some people attacked it pretty ruthless,lol. I still think Madden 360 will amaze me just like Madden 2001 did for ps2. This video tho, ehhhhh. Stadiums look amazing tho. Players dont lookthat small anymore either.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-08-2005, 10:58 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Finally, somebody says something that makes a little bit of sense!

Maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age, but you guys are unbelievable! You're criticizing the FONT on the backs of the jerseys? And that's just ONE of the ludicris things you people have brought up! You know just as well as I do that once you start reading impressions of Madden360, you're going to beg mommy and daddy to go to the store and get it for you, or you're going to drive down there yourselves and get it!

It was a freaking promotional video for Burger King, guys! It was a little more than a minute long! Come on, guys! Lighten UP! Good GOD you people like to jump to conclusions!
So the quality of the video may be bad. But you should still be able to tell SOME things. I remember someone made a .gif of a Lions RB last year or the year before for NFL 2k4 and many people thought it was real footage of an actual NFL game. That was a .gif!

So what if it's only a minute long? Are the same ol' animations there or aren't they?

Do the player models themselves (regardless of resolution) look substatially better than this-gen? NO! Look at the first picture of McNabb's chest. It looks like an oil drum!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:58 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 16

I've honestly been trying to keep an open mind about the 360 and PS3, because I remember all of the hype about the PS2.

When the PS2 was coming out, I remember everyone raving about this one game called "The Bouncer" - because it looked so cool and realistic. Naturally, when the game came out, it was a horrible game that almost no one liked.

Sure enough though, 2 or 3 years later, Grand Theft Auto comes out and blows everyone away, since the developers were able to make a game that they had not been able to make before. I just have faith that there are going to be other revolutionary games coming out in the near future on the 360 and PS3 that will blow me away. And - they might not be the games that everyone is talking about.

Madden on the PS2 was the same. I'm sorry, but - in hindsight, the first madden on the PS2 sucked. It was a very limited game that had almost no depth. It looked awesome though. 2002 and 2003 were great games though, and really started to push the next gen hardware.

So - I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same thing here. EA is going to try and build an engine for the 360 this first time out - and it will have its advantages and disadvantages, and will probably offer much less depth than the current XBox and PS2 versions. But - at the same time - I am expecting a promising sign of things to come.

So - if I see a few unimpressive videos and/or screenshots, I'm not going to get worked up.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:04 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm not the least bit suprised at the animations shown in this vid. Its EA.

What happened with 2K losing the rights to the NFL is a tragedy to us gamers.

Madden nexgen will still be okay but NOTHING like what the people at VC would have brought us. VC are hungry developers.EA sits on their asses and puts out the same crap over and over again.

Its still sooooo hard to believe that we are stuck with Madden for at least the next 5 years.

Completely un-American if you ask me.

The ONLY way to change this is for a HUGE majority of us videogaming footballers to STOP buying Madden...

but that isnt going to happen.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:20 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 11

how are you seeing the videos, i tried all of the video options and they either dont work or it will show up on windows media player with no picture but just sound. As for the poor quality screenshots, they look like madden for psp.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:24 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 4

Someone shrink down that LT picture from 2k5 to the same size as one of the 360 screens and then blur it up a bit to simulate the "poor quality" of the video.

I did it on my computer (but I can't post it...) should be easy enough for someone else to do...

... Now tell me that Madden 360 is sooo much better...
Old 09-08-2005, 11:32 AM   #40
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Sure enough though, 2 or 3 years later, Grand Theft Auto comes out and blows everyone away, since the developers were able to make a game that they had not been able to make before. I just have faith that there are going to be other revolutionary games coming out in the near future on the 360 and PS3 that will blow me away. And - they might not be the games that everyone is talking about.

Madden on the PS2 was the same. I'm sorry, but - in hindsight, the first madden on the PS2 sucked. It was a very limited game that had almost no depth. It looked awesome though. 2002 and 2003 were great games though, and really started to push the next gen hardware.
You hit the nail on the head with that - but the key is TWO or THREE years later. People have been looking forward to this version of Madden for the past two years already. Now it's here, and we have to wait another two years before we can be "impressed"? Again, I agree with you - the only hardware launch I've seen in my time that had impressive games for it's day was the Dreamcast - the number of quality games it had at launch was better than any before it IMO. And there was a huge disparity between games of the PS1/Genesis generation and the Dreamcast. Granted, I expect that disparity to be less as we move forward - 360/PS3 launch games won't have a huge disparity in quality from current XBox titles (at least as large as Dreamcast/PS1). I assume it just takes a while for developers to begin to grasp what they can do with more powerful hardware.

But people have been giving Tiburon a pass for years, saying that big changes won't come until next gen. I agree it's still early, but it doesn't look good - first EA releases a CGI promotional vid that's supposed to "blow us away" (EA's words, not forum-generated hype), and it doesn't. Then there's talk of the game looking fantastic behind closed doors at E3, so people get excited again. Then the first actual in game footage... and it's meh and completely underwhelming. I expect the game to be better than this footage - it HAS to be. But there was nothing in the video hinting at great potential.

Unless I'm willing to wait another 2-3 years for it to come, of course.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »