Home

Career Ending Injuries

This is a discussion on Career Ending Injuries within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2005, 02:45 AM   #1
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24
Career Ending Injuries

Have you guys seen any? I'm playing with the Giants in my franchise..and towards the end of the season (Week 15), Peyton Manning suffered a career-ending concussion, and when I read that, my heart dropped. I couldn't believe it. I was hoping I could eventually get a Manning Bowl one year, but now I'm under pressure to carry on the Manning legacy.

Who are the casualties of a career ending injury in your games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2005, 05:42 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Career Ending Injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdAnswer
Have you guys seen any? I'm playing with the Giants in my franchise..and towards the end of the season (Week 15), Peyton Manning suffered a career-ending concussion, and when I read that, my heart dropped. I couldn't believe it. I was hoping I could eventually get a Manning Bowl one year, but now I'm under pressure to carry on the Manning legacy.

Wow. I haven't started mine yet but what happened to PM in yours could definatly happen in real life. Any player is prone to injury. I just could not imagine Payton not playing with the Colts, by the way are you sure it wasn't Eli???
Old 09-09-2005, 05:51 AM   #3
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

Last year, after a fantasy draft with my three roommates, Paul suffered a devastating blow to his secondary. Ed Reed went down with a career-ending neck injury after the third pre-season game of the first season. The three of us had a good laugh at Paul's expense.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:17 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdAnswer

Here's one for you....and a sad one, too!

I'm playing in my franchise. I'm in year 2's preseason. The #1 pick in the draft was Matt Leinhart, by the Tampa Bay Bucs.

His first preseason game was against my Bills. First Quarter...Takeo Spikes runs around the right end on a blitz, nice solid hit in the back. Leinhart has to leave the game.

It took the game until the 3rd quarter to let me and everyone else know...Matt Leinhart suffered a broken vertabrae....career ending injury! Before his pro career really even started! Wow, I felt bad!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

antonio gates for the chargers in my first season with the giants suffered a career ender (completly torn ACL)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2005, 11:53 AM   #6
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

That stuff is simply amazing on the real. I didn't even know you could put that in the football games. I guess the exclusive deal opened up some doorways for stuff like that. Quite amazing....
Old 09-09-2005, 12:14 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
That stuff is simply amazing on the real. I didn't even know you could put that in the football games. I guess the exclusive deal opened up some doorways for stuff like that. Quite amazing....
The career ending injures are not new to this years version, they were there last year and I'm sure they were there the year before.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:14 PM   #8
Pro

GboroKidd's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
Career enders have been in for awhile.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »