Home

Can someone explain this...?

This is a discussion on Can someone explain this...? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2005, 01:28 PM   #1
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

OVR: 8
Can someone explain this...?

Taking from the game description on EBGames...

"Spawn Games: Play Franchise games online. This plus the EA Locker users to compete in Franchises concurrently."

I remember when you used to be able to spawn games and allow multiple players to play their games during the same week of the season at the same time. Is this what that is? Can you also do this online? I feel like this could be a key feature that is being overlooked. Anyone know more details?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2005, 04:25 PM   #2
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

Re: Can someone explain this...?

Anyone????
Old 08-08-2005, 04:36 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

I think it lets you skip games during the season and play them later. It will retroactively incorporate accumulated stats.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:41 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

it will allow u to play your franchise online, u can upload your franchise file to your locker room and another person can download it. If a game is set to spawn, it can be played online vs a human opponent..

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 08-09-2005, 10:37 AM   #5
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

Can anyone validate this????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 11:03 AM   #6
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Madden NFL 06 Prima Official Guide, pg 208

"The EA Locker allows users to share a variety of files ranging from rosters to franchises. The onus is on the users to coordinate the shared franchise. One user would have to start the franchise offline. Once online he can upload the franchise file to his EA locker. He then has to make the file public (simply by selecting the file and choosing "make public" from the locker action popup). Once the file is available any user can download the file to their memory card/hard disk and then pick up where their buddy left off. The updated franchise file would then have to be uploaded again and the process repeated.

In the instance that two user controlled teams are set to play each other in the franchise, that game can be spawned and played online. Within the franchise there is an option to spawn the game and save it to the mem card/hard disk. This spawn game file then has to be uploaded to the EA Locker and then made public. Once the other user downloads the Spawn Game option from the online Game Modes menu. As long as the two users have the same file saved to their mem card/hard disk they will be matched up in the same way Quick Match connects two users. Once the online game is completed one user must save the spawn results. After the franchise is loaded offline the user will have the option to merge the spawn results back into the franchise. "
Old 08-09-2005, 01:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

SO, in theory, no 2 humans can play offline games simultaneously - right? Say I have 6 friends who all are active members of a team in my franchise. We couldn't all play our offline games at the same time because we have to wait for the first player to upload the changes and for us to all download those changes? Sounds like a lot of work to keep a franchise.

Is it possible that the games needed to be played can be "spawned" and uploaded so that everyone can just play their respective games and then upload the results?

Any help in understanding this would be great.

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2005, 04:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimmel
SO, in theory, no 2 humans can play offline games simultaneously - right? Say I have 6 friends who all are active members of a team in my franchise. We couldn't all play our offline games at the same time because we have to wait for the first player to upload the changes and for us to all download those changes? Sounds like a lot of work to keep a franchise.

Is it possible that the games needed to be played can be "spawned" and uploaded so that everyone can just play their respective games and then upload the results?

Any help in understanding this would be great.

Thanks!
I am answering my own question. YES, you can have multiple humans play multiple SPAWNED games and merge the data back to the master franchise file.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »