Home

Madden 2006 sold 2.5 million copies in August

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 sold 2.5 million copies in August within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-14-2005, 11:43 AM   #25
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden 2006 sold 2.5 million copies in August

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
Good lord man. Is EA sending you a monthly check ? I dont think so. Plain and simple. EA did not spend half a BILLION dollars in license fees to stay status quo in their number of sales. Your making no sense whatsoever. And frankly you look like the biggest EA fanboy on Earth in this thread. All your spin and justification your putting on this means nothing. Its all about the CASH. And EA did not spend half a BILLION of it to see sales slightly improve. No matter what your MADDEN filled head might want to believe.
I presume that you think I'm an "EA fanboy" because I'm not joining the "EA blew it bigtime" crowd? I consider myself to be an objective observer with no stake in Madden or EA. What I object to is the way that distorted info and pure speculation is presented as proven fact by certain people to further their anti-EA agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
MAybe just maybe. The 2K players arent converting the way EA thought they would. Of the over 50 2K ballers on my FL only 5 of them have played Madden. And Maybe just maybe lifelong Madden players are pizzed about the deal and are FINALLY pizzed about getting the same rehashed TRASH from EA and have stopped buying the garbage. But that couldnt be ? right? EA is the greatest game company ever right ? lol
If this is so why have Madden's launch month sales gone up this year?

Last game: Houston 56 USF 21
Next game: 11/21 @ SMU

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2005, 11:45 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 32

I am the "keep hoope alive " guy. No checks just really like my hobby. Madden 2006 = great sim game w/ sliders. I also like business and when this deal first came out it didnt make any sense. Maybe I find some of my post here but it really simple. EA have to sell a boat load of sdditional Maddens. This didnt happen. If people going to tell me that 50 mil +79 mil for espn deal equal 300,000 additional sales then I have bridge in Bean town to sell you.

From the money aspect it doesnt make sense. TT purchased VC for 21 million from Sega. The amount of money they paid just didnt make sense and the deal for espn really didnt make sense. When we play EA games no ever said I wish they had ESPN brand no just better presentation.

Cuts will be made and I think we are going to see it with the quality of the next gen titles. Madden anyone.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:48 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I presume that you think I'm an "EA fanboy" because I'm not joining the "EA blew it bigtime" crowd? I consider myself to be an objective observer with no stake in Madden or EA. What I object to is the way that distorted info and pure speculation is presented as proven fact by certain people to further their anti-EA agenda.

If this is so why have Madden's launch month sales gone up this year?
By only 300,000 units. The only pro game in town. Next year VC will have a game that will cut inot that 300,000. EA took a lost.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:01 PM   #28
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
By only 300,000 units. The only pro game in town. Next year VC will have a game that will cut inot that 300,000. EA took a lost.
What exactly did you expect? That EA would persuade an extra 1-2 million gamers who don't normally buy football games to plunk down $40-50.00? Do you believe EA thought that would happen? If so, why?

Everything that has been written on this subject on the board, from the date the exclusive deal was announced until now (including what I'm typing now) has been pure speculaltion. The only people that really know how this will effect EA's bottom line are the "white shirts" at EA. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:05 PM   #29
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Everything that has been written on this subject on the board, from the date the exclusive deal was announced until now (including what I'm typing now) has been pure speculaltion. The only people that really know how this will effect EA's bottom line are the "white shirts" at EA. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.
Then why are you even debating the matter?
Old 09-14-2005, 12:09 PM   #30
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Then why are you even debating the matter?

Quote:
What I object to is the way that distorted info and pure speculation is presented as proven fact by certain people to further their anti-EA agenda.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:22 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
What exactly did you expect? That EA would persuade an extra 1-2 million gamers who don't normally buy football games to plunk down $40-50.00? Do you believe EA thought that would happen? If so, why?

That is my point EA didnt get those 1-2 million gamers to buy that why EA will take a lost on this deal. EA havent spell out how they are going to make money from this deal and that is the bad thing for investors. This is a publicly owned co. Well when EA make their quarterly report the world will know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2005, 12:42 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

Time will tell. It's WAY too early to make any sort of rationale judgement on this. Maybe in 5 years one could make a better assessment, but not right now. As they say "you have to spend money to make money" and this is something that will have to be looked at over the long-term to decide if it was a good decision or not.

As far as EA's stock - here's the 1/2/5 year pictures. Again, when viewing investments (something I've become very good at) you want to look at the long-term gain.

1 Year

2 Year

5 Year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »