Home

Madden 2006 sold 2.5 million copies in August

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 sold 2.5 million copies in August within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2005, 04:42 PM   #41
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 2006 sold 2.5 million copies in August

Quote:
The other thing, didn't EA have to lower the cost of Madden?
I don't like this exclusive deal, but perhaps it was a good business decision.
No they didn't
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2005, 04:48 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 7

nope. Madden still stayed the same.

I never understood why 2K underpriced their game. I mean, maybe a little but $19.99 made it seem...cheap. Like, it wasnt any good.

I wondered if the average gamer saw the price and thought" $20, hmmm, must not be as good as Madden"

EA had to buy the rights otherwise the folks at 2K would have so...

I guess i'm ticked at the NFL.

I still hate EA with a passion. Madden is a sad excuse for programming. Sad excuse indeed. This deal will hurt EA. Wait and see.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:12 PM   #43
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
fair enough...

but obiwanjenkins, you're dead wrong about EA making the right decisions.

This will prove right in a few years.

I've seen it in my crystal ball. BTW, I have obtained the exclusive rights to crystal balls so don't EVEN think about using yours or else i'll see you in court!

BTW, when did a group of jockheads become such experts in "the business world"?

I thought you guys just "asked coach".
LMAO. So, you're psychic now? Come back when you're running a multi-billion dollar company that is continuing to grow and tell me specifically how EA hasn't made good decisions.

Old 09-14-2005, 05:19 PM   #44
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
I didnt call anyone stupid.

I was wondering, however, what the average age of the members here was.

30ish?

I'm 40 and own 50% of an ad agency here in Dallas. We do stuff for the Rangers, Mavs, and a bunch of smaller clients.

This got me to thinking about this site and others like it. How do the people that run this site make any money? Is it soley off the ads? I did see a donations thing somewhere here.

how can I donate? check?
This site does not make any money at all, it is funded by Steve who pays for it out of his own pocket. The ads do help a little, yes, as do donations from members.

If you would like to donate, you can click on the main menu button on the top left and click on donations.

BTW, we do have a lot of people here that have graduated from college and do have some sort of degree in business one way or another. We're all not stupid little jockheads.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:37 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 7

Oh I didnt think all of you guys were jockheads. Or that all jocks were dumb.

I was just being a jerk.

I went to college for about 10 minutes.

Donate I shall.

go cowboys

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2005, 06:16 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
LMAO. So, you're psychic now? Come back when you're running a multi-billion dollar company that is continuing to grow and tell me specifically how EA hasn't made good decisions.
Are you referring to the same multi-billion dollar company that recently had shakeups at the top (i.e. EA)? I'm not sure you have to be a psychic to figure out that not all of their business decisions were good ones. Why else would they have been let go there chief?
Old 09-14-2005, 07:17 PM   #47
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Are you referring to the same multi-billion dollar company that recently had shakeups at the top (i.e. EA)? I'm not sure you have to be a psychic to figure out that not all of their business decisions were good ones. Why else would they have been let go there chief?
Businesses change. There are shake ups all the time at the top. Bill Gates even stepped down at the height of Microsoft's success. No, not all their decisions are good ones; no company is perfect, but obviously they are doing something right. Just look at the stock chart. Steadily increasing share prices tell the tale. EA is not the be all end all of successful companies, but considering the ups and downs of the industry as a whole, EA has been a prime example of how to be successful.

Old 09-14-2005, 08:00 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Businesses change. There are shake ups all the time at the top. Bill Gates even stepped down at the height of Microsoft's success. No, not all their decisions are good ones; no company is perfect, but obviously they are doing something right. Just look at the stock chart. Steadily increasing share prices tell the tale. EA is not the be all end all of successful companies, but considering the ups and downs of the industry as a whole, EA has been a prime example of how to be successful.

The bigger they are the harder they fall.

And someday EA's craptacular *business* decisions will come back to bite them on their booty.

Karma applies in the biz world as well obiwan. What goes around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »