Home

is anyone with me on this?

This is a discussion on is anyone with me on this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2005, 10:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
is anyone with me on this?

is it me or does this game have an incredible amount of F***ups??? it seems like at every point in the game, there is something wrong with it. Whether it's the music track changing every 5 f***ing seconds because you're looking through menus, or it's the defenders running 10 yards in .1 seconds to bat down or intercept passes, or your own defenders standing by as the ball wizzes by their face and into the receiver's hands on the run, or it's your o-linemen letting d-linemen run right by them rather than laying a hand on them, and a million other things just the same in how incredibly ******** it is. During any single game i absolutely never find myself saying, wow this game is actually realistic in any way, but it seems like during every single play, i find myself saying, wow that it so stupid and that would never happen...

this year's version seems so much less polished than last year's version or than any of the 2k games that ive played...there is no consistency on how defenders act...sometimes they streak across the field in lightspeed to bat down passes and sometimes they run just fast enough to have the ball miss their head by 2 inches and they dont even put a hand up...

this game has been doing nothing but disgusting me, and the sad part is, the 360 version will be likely no better in the gameplay department which is all i care about, and it looks to me like the madden series will get no better in the next 4 or 5 years or however much longer they buy their way into creating ****ty football games and forcing people to buy no other games

i would gladly play another game if there was such a thing this year, but thanks to sore-losing EA, we're doomed to eating this garbage for an undetermined amount of time

thank you for listening to me bitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2005, 10:13 PM   #2
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: is anyone with me on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohm2k4
is it me or does this game have an incredible amount of F***ups??? it seems like at every point in the game, there is something wrong with it. Whether it's the music track changing every 5 f***ing seconds because you're looking through menus, or it's the defenders running 10 yards in .1 seconds to bat down or intercept passes, or your own defenders standing by as the ball wizzes by their face and into the receiver's hands on the run, or it's your o-linemen letting d-linemen run right by them rather than laying a hand on them, and a million other things just the same in how incredibly ******** it is. During any single game i absolutely never find myself saying, wow this game is actually realistic in any way, but it seems like during every single play, i find myself saying, wow that it so stupid and that would never happen...

this year's version seems so much less polished than last year's version or than any of the 2k games that ive played...there is no consistency on how defenders act...sometimes they streak across the field in lightspeed to bat down passes and sometimes they run just fast enough to have the ball miss their head by 2 inches and they dont even put a hand up...

this game has been doing nothing but disgusting me, and the sad part is, the 360 version will be likely no better in the gameplay department which is all i care about, and it looks to me like the madden series will get no better in the next 4 or 5 years or however much longer they buy their way into creating ****ty football games and forcing people to buy no other games

i would gladly play another game if there was such a thing this year, but thanks to sore-losing EA, we're doomed to eating this garbage for an undetermined amount of time

hey man watch the language, i share in your frustration but Ea is ignorant and doesnt have to fix anything because they know that people will buy the game, thats that
Old 09-09-2005, 10:17 PM   #3
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

I find the game to be solid. Perhaps you should adjust the sliders as I have done to make the game play great! Or you could just bitch.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
I find the game to be solid. Perhaps you should adjust the sliders as I have done to make the game play great! Or you could just bitch.
With such poor AI, physics and animations changing the sliders wont do jack. I dont know about you but im tired of changing sliders as an excuse for the past 5 years of madden not changing.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:53 PM   #5
MVP

jcollins28's Arena

OVR: 7

My biggest gripe is the officiating it is worse then what it is in the NFL!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2005, 10:57 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohm2k4

Maybe you just suck...The game is fine
Old 09-09-2005, 11:09 PM   #7
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuch94
hey man watch the language, i share in your frustration but Ea is ignorant and doesnt have to fix anything because they know that people will buy the game, thats that
Do you really expect to have any credibility with coments like "EA is ignorant?" LOL @ a multibillion dollar company not knowing what it needs to do to make money.

Old 09-09-2005, 11:13 PM   #8
Rookie

im not really sure how anyone can say this game is fine as it is...it takes playing one complete game to see as many flaws as i have listed. if you are attached to madden because you've always loved it but dont tell me the game is solid when you can list so many poor decisions by the game designers, it makes me sick

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »