Home

Is There Anyway To Fix This

This is a discussion on Is There Anyway To Fix This within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2005, 03:07 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Is There Anyway To Fix This

I was wondering if there is anyway to get the stats to be more realistic in franchise mode for the computer teams not me. You guys know what i mean, only have a few 3,000 yard passer and sometimes to many 2000 yard rushers, which I know is caused from the CPU not subbing. With the computer not subbing it makes the running back carry the ball to much in a season so if you run the ball 500 times its not that hard to get 2,000 yards (4.0 yards a carry). If anyone got some info please let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2005, 04:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is There Anyway To Fix This

Sliders, and quarter length are big factors. Look for some sliders and settings that other people are using. They're posted all over these forums. In fact, I think there's actually a forum made just for that.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:42 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duh Professuh
Sliders, and quarter length are big factors. Look for some sliders and settings that other people are using. They're posted all over these forums. In fact, I think there's actually a forum made just for that.
Yeah wouldn't sliders only effect games I actually play. I want the games that are cpu vs. cpu in franchise to be more real.That way when i am done with my team at the end of the season the rest of 31 teams stats are more realisitic.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:29 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
Yeah wouldn't sliders only effect games I actually play. I want the games that are cpu vs. cpu in franchise to be more real.That way when i am done with my team at the end of the season the rest of 31 teams stats are more realisitic.
I don't know exactly what the stats in your franchise were, but whenever someone got to 2,000 yards in mine, it was someone who could possibly do it. Clinton Portis and LaDanian Tomlinson have done it in mine, which doesn't seem completely unrealistic to me. Portis rushed about 500 times, Washington works him. LT is perhaps the best RB in football, it didin't bother me. But when Michael Vick averages more than 20 yards a carry on his way to a league-leading 2,179 yards in the second year of my Giant Franchise, well...
Old 09-10-2005, 11:36 AM   #5
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
Yeah wouldn't sliders only effect games I actually play. I want the games that are cpu vs. cpu in franchise to be more real.
I think gameplay sliders effect only games you play.

The're may be team management sliders that will effect that, like the ones in NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2005, 01:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

although not 100% realistic stats, i seem to get better season simmed stats than other people, for 2 reasons.

#1 in my franchises, I controll all 32 teams, and I setup all the teams how they play in real life. I.E. if a team runs a HB by commitee, i make it so they do so on on the game by setting the HB sub to 50%. if a team is pass heavy, i set their % of passing plays higher than others.

#2 the player ratings in the game aren't accurate, I do my own player ratings. with the recent emphasis on downfield contact putting the DBs at a disadvantage, I lowered alot of the top CB's overall ratings to give a bigger slant to the offense and make it so the QBs put up bigger numbers. the best CB on my game is Nate Clements with a 95 overall rating.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:20 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

On the forums at Maddenmania, there is some talk of the sim game feature being "broken", so to speak. Apparently, they have found that regardless of inputs by the user, the CPU will not substitute players, unless an injury forces a substitution.

I can't confirm this myself, I'm not far enough along in my franchise at this point. You all might want to go over there and ask questions about it if you all are interested; the issue, if it in fact exists, doesn't bother me.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:40 PM   #8
Pro

The stat that make me mad the most is the passing yards, at the end of the season there was no 4,000 yard passer in the game at the end of the season. Manning, McNabb & Dante where under 3,000 yards and they played all 16 games, that is not real to me. The rushing isn't that bad all the time i simmed some season and some of them didn't have a rusher over 1700 yards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »