Home

Old 09-11-2005, 01:54 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Smartroute

Why is it that sometimes it works and other times, I don't see the selected receiver's route change to the 1st down marker?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2005, 02:31 AM   #2
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Smartroute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjoe
Why is it that sometimes it works and other times, I don't see the selected receiver's route change to the 1st down marker?
If it is a player read route than it won't change but any other route will change. Are you on xbx or ps2?
Old 09-11-2005, 10:18 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
If it is a player read route than it won't change but any other route will change. Are you on xbx or ps2?
Yeah, any route where the receiver has multiple options (although in real life almost all routes do) you can't smart route to take it to the 1st Down marker. Also, WR Drag routes can't be changed using the Smart Route feature.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 09-11-2005, 11:35 AM   #4
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

It has to be a route that can get to the first down marker before the break. Like a little slant won't work, because the rceiver isn't going to run 10 yards upfield before slanting....that's more like a post pattern. If you use some common sense, you'll understand which routes it works on, and which it doesn't.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
It has to be a route that can get to the first down marker before the break. Like a little slant won't work, because the rceiver isn't going to run 10 yards upfield before slanting....that's more like a post pattern. If you use some common sense, you'll understand which routes it works on, and which it doesn't.
Precisely....

A slant will take them 10 yards anyway, so yeah.

---Chino XL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2005, 02:15 PM   #6
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

I came back to this and read what I posted...I didn't mean to sound like a smart ***, as I read it a second time, it kinda came off as that to me. When I said "common sense", I really just meant, look at the route and you should be able to tell what routes could be extended...like a hook or curl, or in and outs. Sorry if I came off rude or anything.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
I came back to this and read what I posted...I didn't mean to sound like a smart ***, as I read it a second time, it kinda came off as that to me. When I said "common sense", I really just meant, look at the route and you should be able to tell what routes could be extended...like a hook or curl, or in and outs. Sorry if I came off rude or anything.
Bwahahaha...not at all....you sounded like you were explaining something to a moron...and if he couldn't figure out the smart routes..well...

---Chino XL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »