Home

Missing Menu Text, Poor or Missing In-game Graphics

This is a discussion on Missing Menu Text, Poor or Missing In-game Graphics within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2005, 08:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Missing Menu Text, Poor or Missing In-game Graphics

75% of my PC version text is there but on many menus, dialog boxes, and buttons there is nothing. The item is till selectable however. IE: on train when you have the choice of Mouse, Keyboard or Joystick.. Mouse and Keyborad show up but not Joystick, yet I can still select the Joystick and use it. If it where not for having mostly the same menu system of 2005 I would know Joystick was an option =P

Also with all settings on high the ingame graphics look worse then Madden 2000. There seems to be a large lacking in textures.

I have tried 5 different drivers for my Nvidia Geforce 5 to no avail.
I have re-installed it 3 times.
I have exchanged it for new CD's.

Still have the same problem. =(

Any Ideas?

I'd buy a differnt Football game but there is none... Maybe I'll just update 2005's rosters, they seem almost the same.

Last edited by Mafiaso; 09-13-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2005, 09:32 PM   #2
Glory, Glory, Man United!

AtXj's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Missing Menu Text, Poor or Missing In-game Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafiaso
75% of my PC version text is there but on many menus, dialog boxes, and buttons there is nothing. The item is till selectable however. IE: on train when you have the choice of Mouse, Keyboard or Joystick.. Mouse and Keyborad show up but not Joystick, yet I can still select the Joystick and use it. If it where not for having mostly the same menu system of 2005 I would know Joystick was an option =P

Also with all settings on high the ingame graphics look worse then Madden 2000. There seems to be a large lacking in textures.

I have tried 5 different drivers for my Nvidia Geforce 5 to no avail.
I have re-installed it 3 times.
I have exchanged it for new CD's.

Still have the same problem. =(

Any Ideas?

I'd buy a differnt Football game but there is none... Maybe I'll just update 2005's rosters, they seem almost the same.
It's definately something with your video card but since I don't play the PC version I can't offer much advice.

I would try reverting to the original drivers your card came with and re-install.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:44 AM   #3
Rookie

I would, but those drivers are really old. its a Gforce 5200.
I can only go so old on drivers as I play WoW, Battlefield2 and MVP Baseball too.
I did mention I tried several drivers, one of them rather old, and they all shared the same problems.
I think it may be something to do with my AMD Athlon 1.33ghz CPU. I think maybe EA is assumeing it has something built into it, that it doesnt have. I am hoping someone has a work around, or knowledge of a patch in the works.

EA Sports tech said this to me " I would contact you computer maker because this is beyond the scope of our technical support."

To bad I built my computer =\

Also ... Is there no kicker arrow? because if there is it's not showing up either, and I am not the only one with this problem. I ran into a guy at BestBuy that told me he thought the game sucked because there was no arrow for directing your kick on punts and fieldgoals.

Last edited by Mafiaso; 09-14-2005 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:53 AM   #4
Rookie

Nukester's Arena

OVR: 2

How about your DirectX version ? Maybe that needs an upgrade ?
Old 09-14-2005, 01:56 AM   #5
Rookie

9.0c =\
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »