Home

Why EA aggravates me sometimes

This is a discussion on Why EA aggravates me sometimes within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-16-2005, 06:03 PM   #9
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Why EA aggravates me sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Play it their way or hit the highway... what's not to understand? No, I don't like that. It sucks. But that's life when it comes to EA games.
so true
Old 09-17-2005, 12:21 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
no your facts before complaining to the world.When you switch a teams base def in the coaching setting, its changing it for simmed games. You have to change there def to balance D(which they use)or 3-4 def when you play them at the selecting screen.
Maybe you should KNOW HOW TO spell before getting all hostile? Obviously I can change the teams defense at the selection screen but I want to be able to go into the teams defensive subtitutions and make changes. I cannot do that.

I cant believe how everybody gets their panties in a bunch if you criticize a darn video game.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:38 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
Maybe you should KNOW HOW TO spell before getting all hostile? Obviously I can change the teams defense at the selection screen but I want to be able to go into the teams defensive subtitutions and make changes. I cannot do that.

I cant believe how everybody gets their panties in a bunch if you criticize a darn video game.
He's absolutley right. EA doesn't pay that close attention to details like he talked about. No one expects perfection. But, to the person who really wants a SIMULATION, isn't it pretty damn obvious something like player progression should have the ability to be turned off? And, a very minor complaint, but why when I create a player I can't assign him any number I want? Why does the NFL allow Jon Condo of the Cowboys to be #46, but a video game claiming to be a SIMULATION, allows only certain numbers for certain positions? Furthermore, why can't a TEAM of EA video game producers get the rosters exactly (or damn near right). Why can countless people take days and weeks to manually get the rosters right, but the game producers who get paid to do it, and are staffed to do it, can't get them right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2005, 07:57 PM   #12
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikman08
He's absolutley right. EA doesn't pay that close attention to details like he talked about. No one expects perfection. But, to the person who really wants a SIMULATION, isn't it pretty damn obvious something like player progression should have the ability to be turned off? And, a very minor complaint, but why when I create a player I can't assign him any number I want? Why does the NFL allow Jon Condo of the Cowboys to be #46, but a video game claiming to be a SIMULATION, allows only certain numbers for certain positions? Furthermore, why can't a TEAM of EA video game producers get the rosters exactly (or damn near right). Why can countless people take days and weeks to manually get the rosters right, but the game producers who get paid to do it, and are staffed to do it, can't get them right?
You do know rosters are submitted a couple of months in advance, right? You do realize that "countless people" aren't under any deadline to get the rosters correct, right? I'm sure you know that the likenesses and names are linked to the NFL PLayers Association, and sometimes memebers are not on the list EA receives. You can't compare the development team, who is under many restrictions and deadlines, to a kid who has all the liberties in the world to customize the game to his liking.

Not every consumer wants a SIMULATION of a the NFL. In fact, most of EA's customers are casual gamers who just want to pick up a game and play some football. Most of these details go unnoticed by the casual gamer.

Old 09-17-2005, 08:42 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
You do know rosters are submitted a couple of months in advance, right? You do realize that "countless people" aren't under any deadline to get the rosters correct, right? I'm sure you know that the likenesses and names are linked to the NFL PLayers Association, and sometimes memebers are not on the list EA receives. You can't compare the development team, who is under many restrictions and deadlines, to a kid who has all the liberties in the world to customize the game to his liking.

Not every consumer wants a SIMULATION of a the NFL. In fact, most of EA's customers are casual gamers who just want to pick up a game and play some football. Most of these details go unnoticed by the casual gamer.
The last paragraph of your statement is very telling. You are very right, that most gamers could give a damn about having the correct long snapper for the Dallas Cowboys, or having the correct depth chart and rosters. This is exactly the reason EA continues to give a lazy effort year after year in these areas, they know you'll still buy the game. As for these same tired excuses about restrictions, deadlines, NFLPA, oh and last years tornado excuse, why does the last EA update have players on the roster that were cut WEEKS ago? Again, I do not expect perfection, just not the same problems year after year.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:29 AM   #14
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

rosters are never gonna be pefect unless they fix the IR rule and add the practice squads like the psp version
Old 09-18-2005, 04:27 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

10 (people posted/viewed in this thread) x $50 (Madden 06) = $500

Regardless if you sold it to someone or whatever, EA still gets paid.

If you dont like the game, dont buy it, dont even play it. EA will listen when sales are slowed.

I guess I never understood the constant rants over videogames.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »