Home

New Madden next gen screens

This is a discussion on New Madden next gen screens within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2005, 12:33 AM   #113
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: New Madden next gen screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill
IMO...lol these screens actually look pretty damn good. Obviously, you can tell they are not done.

I can understand why people are pissed. They were expecting something to completely blown their minds.

My thing is...I don't know what next-gen football is supposed to look like. So I can't really get upset.
agreed
Old 09-16-2005, 12:36 AM   #114
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock_11
Sorry, until you see the final game in motion you can't tell anything about that so how can you, or anyone else, be dissappointed right now? It's a new engine, and NOBODY knows what to expect from it at this point.
Maybe because I played a lot of NFL2K5. That's not a dig, just saying that the bar is raised. Just as Madden 2006 raised the bar in terms of CPU playing tendencies. Believe me, I was saying two years ago that Madden likely wouldn't hit it's stride in next gen until 2-3yrs in. But that was before I saw what could be accomplished on the XBox. And all I heard was, "wait until next gen for Madden to [do this, do that]". You're right, nobody knows what to expect right now - and even later we won't know, because there's nothing to really compare Madden to anymore. I didn't have huge expectations, but they were higher than this.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:40 AM   #115
Banned

OVR: 2

I think the heads look awesome, bodies could use some work, and the jerseys def. dont like those
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2005, 12:45 AM   #116
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Remember this is the first time to use the Xbox 360 to develop the game so it's not going to be totally flawless. I do like what I see however the one thing that irks is that the players look like action figures rather then real people. They'll definately need to tone down the "gloss" look that passes for sun reflection.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-16-2005, 12:49 AM   #117
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm a huge NFL2K fan and even Madden 360 looks impressive. I'm not too worried about the graphics or gameplay since we know that EA is delivering on the graphics end with this game and the gameplay should be tight.

I am worried about the presentation values and the commentary more so than the graphics at this point. The dry presenation was a killer for Madden '06.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:50 AM   #118
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaww
1. Well of course there SHOULD be no contest, but people WERE comparing the two games which is the reason I posted the pictures in the first place.

2. I understood "player interaction" to be the animations (tackles, etc) which were shown somewhat in the burger king video (maybe you should check that out if you haven't already, although we don't know if those animations are just placeholder).

3. The graphics IMO are nice, but even if you don't like them you have to admit they are an improvement from Madden 06 on Xbox (minus the football, although it seems to have gotten a little smaller)
I've never heard the term "placeholder" used so much as I have in the Madden forum. Either way... I agree with you regarding #3; I thought about that soon as I sent my message. The graphics ARE an improvement over current gen Madden.

By player interaction, I mean the way the OL/DL interact, WRs/DBs interact, tackles - pretty much everything involving player contact. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect to see *something* we haven't seen before. I mean, really - this soon to come moment has been talked about literally for the past two years. Perhaps most of us were wrong, and current gen Madden got the lion's share of development time - would make sense from a financial standpoint if nothing else.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:50 AM   #119
DickDalewood

OVR:

I think part of the problem is that EA seems to have spent a lot of time on the surround areas and not just the player models themselves. It looks to me, from the screens anyway, that every fan is 3D, which would take up a lot of memory in itself. Yes, 2k's player models looked great, but they would definetely cut a lot of corners in other areas, such as referee detail, crowd detail etc. Hell, the refs didn't even have moving mouths.

That said, I STILL think EA could do better, but I do think that when you include overall quality (player models, having EVERY seat in the stadiums accounted for, etc), the game is still quite a step up from what we have now.

I'll say again though, I think people would rather have awesome player models than to be able to point out every seat in their favorite stadium...

Oh, and I don't like the way the sleeves look on the jerseys at all; they are too long. There are so many players in the league these days that have their sleeves basically wrapped under their shoulder pads. In these shots however, they go almost halfway to their elbows, way to long if you ask me.

Anyway, just my thoughts. A little disappointed, but, eh, I dunno, haha...

[EDIT] Hmm, the crowd might not be 3D now that I look at it, but they still got rid of the whole cardboard look. By the way, that Tiger Woods screen looks amazing...

Last edited by DickDalewood; 09-16-2005 at 01:12 AM.

Old 09-16-2005, 01:05 AM   #120
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I've never heard the term "placeholder" used so much as I have in the Madden forum. Either way... I agree with you regarding #3; I thought about that soon as I sent my message. The graphics ARE an improvement over current gen Madden.

By player interaction, I mean the way the OL/DL interact, WRs/DBs interact, tackles - pretty much everything involving player contact. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect to see *something* we haven't seen before. I mean, really - this soon to come moment has been talked about literally for the past two years. Perhaps most of us were wrong, and current gen Madden got the lion's share of development time - would make sense from a financial standpoint if nothing else.
LOL, yeah, placeholder is used a lot. I think after 1up.com posted that article which said the burger king animations could be placeholder it kind of skyrocketed.

I see now what you meant by player interaction. Your right, the burger king video didn't really show any of that. It would be nice to see atleast some new animations/interactions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »