Home

Why not a madden editor?

This is a discussion on Why not a madden editor? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2005, 10:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Why not a madden editor?

Why wouldn't EA put out a roster editor for the PC that works with all systems? Like flying Finns editor for 2k, i think it would be a great thing to put out and a wonderful way to keep Madden Fans happy. Maybe something to add to a wishlist for next years. . . .that and the fact that they make it impossible to view a face good when the player being created is moving all the damn time!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2005, 11:28 PM   #2
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Why not a madden editor?

Yeah, the face things annoys me, too. I'm constantly messing with the thumbstick to try to see it half the time.

I would love an editor, like MVPedit, that could edit most facets of the roster files - contracts: money and length, positions, names (to add periods, hyphens, length, etc.), depth charts (to include guys at positions you cannot select in-game, i.e. at FB at LS or Kordell Stewart to punt), add pictures to players from the game disc.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

it would solve alot of anger problems, and kill alot of work time for the EA roster guys.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:18 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

They don't wanna drop thier source sode out thats why...A couple years ago when I was goint to ITT, there was a few of us who tried to do that on PC Version..It was very hard to try and figure out so after a cpl weeks we gave up..Anytime we got even halfway to where we thought we made some serious progress, CRC Error woul d pop up...and the way they compressed the data in the roster files didn't really have any pattern to follow..That or we couldn't get the file to compress. It was a big clusterf***, bits & pieces scattered around randomly. E-mailed EA and they said something about needing thier source code.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:52 AM   #5
Glory, Glory, Man United!

AtXj's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhynoT99
it would solve alot of anger problems, and kill alot of work time for the EA roster guys.
Im sure EA has one of their own for whoever the assign to work on the rosters but they aren't about to release it to us. Help out the consumer isn't something in the vocabulary of EA.

You also have to consider FlyingFinn's editor wasn't distributed by 2k, someone cracked their code and it's not the easiest thing in the world to do.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2005, 01:44 AM   #6
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtXj
Im sure EA has one of their own for whoever the assign to work on the rosters but they aren't about to release it to us. Help out the consumer isn't something in the vocabulary of EA.

You also have to consider FlyingFinn's editor wasn't distributed by 2k, someone cracked their code and it's not the easiest thing in the world to do.
Helping out the consumer? It's not about that. EA would have to open up its source code for that. Yes, I would think helping the consumer to steal its product is not in EA's vocabulary.

Old 09-21-2005, 04:03 AM   #7
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Well, I made an editor for the PC version. And no, I don't see how releasing an official editor would release source code at all, if it was a compiled windows application it would be no more at risk than any other application.

Not sure if "spamming" is allowed here but you can download my editor for madden PC at www.football-freaks.com. Also, a guy named Gommo makes his own editor too.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:26 AM   #8
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

I just want a hassle-free, all-purpose, all-access editor for rosters. How and who that makes it is beyond me but as long as it is easy to use and flawless without random errors or freezing, count me in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »