Home

How do I get a guy demanding a trade to play?

This is a discussion on How do I get a guy demanding a trade to play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2005, 01:19 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
How do I get a guy demanding a trade to play?

I posted this elsewhere without much help. Does anyone here know how to resolve this issue?

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out.

I'm in week 4 and my DT La'Roi Glover refuses to play for me. I've checked the rosters and the depth chart doesn't allow him on the field. Glover has demanded a trade since Pre-Season because he was backing up Jason Ferguson in my 3-4 defense.

I switched to a 4-3 hoping since both DT's start in that package he would finally show up for games. But that didn't work either and I'm out of options. Does this mean he has to be traded or else he's going to sit out the entire season?

I really don't want to trade Glover if I don't have to make deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2005, 07:33 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: How do I get a guy demanding a trade to play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I posted this elsewhere without much help. Does anyone here know how to resolve this issue?

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out.

I'm in week 4 and my DT La'Roi Glover refuses to play for me. I've checked the rosters and the depth chart doesn't allow him on the field. Glover has demanded a trade since Pre-Season because he was backing up Jason Ferguson in my 3-4 defense.

I switched to a 4-3 hoping since both DT's start in that package he would finally show up for games. But that didn't work either and I'm out of options. Does this mean he has to be traded or else he's going to sit out the entire season?

I really don't want to trade Glover if I don't have to make deal.

Such is the life of an NFL head coach. Yes, you must now either release or trade him. He will NOT play for you. In other words, he's holding out. You've ticked him off and damaged your relationship with him beyond repair. Now, deal with the consequences.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Such is the life of an NFL head coach. Yes, you must now either release or trade him. He will NOT play for you. In other words, he's holding out. You've ticked him off and damaged your relationship with him beyond repair. Now, deal with the consequences.
Yeah its a done deal, word of advice is that if you ever have a player that you dont want to have to get rid of you should always respond to his complaints when his morale starts to get in the red, another trick ive used is switching him to another position that you could play him at
Old 09-21-2005, 06:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

What happens if the players is under contract for more than the remainder of the current season? In other words, can you play hardball and let him sit out the season and deal with him in the off season?
Old 09-21-2005, 06:44 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2NC
What happens if the players is under contract for more than the remainder of the current season? In other words, can you play hardball and let him sit out the season and deal with him in the off season?

YEs but it does affect the morale of the team, but i think that that is an overated affliction overall ive had playoff runs with half a dozen guys demanding trades on my team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2005, 08:41 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Thanks for feedback everyone.

I didn't want to have to trade Glover but I guess there's no way around it. EA should have allowed us to fine guy's a full gamecheck if they are under contract and refuse to play in the game....
Old 09-21-2005, 08:45 PM   #7
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

You can get a 5th round pick for him. I'd do it.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 09-22-2005, 12:02 AM   #8
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

You gotta take what you can get for him. I love Madden for this reason....if you don't think about your players, and how they are going to fit your team, you may pay the price. This is today's athletes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »