Home

Madden psp impressions --should I buy?

This is a discussion on Madden psp impressions --should I buy? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2005, 10:46 AM   #1
*dv*nc*d L*rk*r

OVR: 4
Madden psp impressions --should I buy?

Very brief but I figure a lot of you are wondering -

Got it yesterday and you won't be disappointed as long as you remember this is a handheld---

The load times can be bad (1.5 minutes --) during start up and transitions in franchise (non-game play) --- This really affects the mini-camp challenge mode (which has some new minigames added) as there are long breaks between the different games; during a game there are slight stumbles in theframe rate at the end of plays -- turning off the audio commentary helps this;
The game is alot of fun and a very good translation of a ps2 port (don't expect fantastic graphics and don't be too troubled by the graphical stuttering); Sorry for the very brief impressions but I just wanted to get these out to whomever was on the fence ----

Last edited by jzicc; 09-22-2005 at 04:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2005, 12:02 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Madden psp impressions --should I buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzicc
Very brief but I figure a lot of you are wondering -

Got it yesterday and you won't be disappointed as long as you remember this is a handheld---

The load times can be bad (1.5 minutes --) during start up and transitions in franchise (non-game play) --- This really affects the mini-camp challenge mode (which has some new minigames added) as there are long breaks between the different games; during a game there is slight stumbles in frame rate at the end of plays -- turning off the audio commentary helps this;
The game is alot of fun and a very good translation of a ps2 port (don't expect fantastic graphics and don't be too troubled by the graphical stuttering); Sorry for the very brief impressions but I just wanted to get these out to whomever was on the fence ----

if you are an advanced lurker than how did you miss this?
Anyone get Madden PSP yet?
Old 09-22-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
*dv*nc*d L*rk*r

Quote:
Originally Posted by twflawless
if you are an advanced lurker than how did you miss this?
Anyone get Madden PSP yet?
Just trying to help --- maybe I'll be downgraded to INTERMEDIATE lurker....
Old 09-22-2005, 12:29 PM   #4
Rookie

jerry0211's Arena

Don't worry about it, some people around here can be asses(way to into "posting"! Thanks for the impression!
Old 09-22-2005, 03:34 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry0211
Don't worry about it, some people around here can be asses(way to into "posting"! Thanks for the impression!

I'm not being an *** by telling someone not to start a thread 3 lines down from a thread with the exact same thing in it. Check my join date and my post count, do i look like i am way too into "posting"? I guess trying to be polite and add a little humor makes me an ***?

Last edited by twflawless; 09-22-2005 at 03:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2005, 03:48 PM   #6
Rookie

jerry0211's Arena

BTW, the other thread title is asking if anyone has picked up the game yet....this one is title more towards impressions. Not everyone reads every thread to see what the contents are inside the thread, so this one makes perfect sense to me! That is all! IF you were trying to add humor, then I apoligize, but it just sounded like you were being rude. I get that sort of behavior a lot on here when asking a simple question, so maybe I just took your statement the wrong way.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

Yes. Great game.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #8
*dv*nc*d L*rk*r

Quote:
Originally Posted by twflawless
I'm not being an *** by telling someone not to start a thread 3 lines down from a thread with the exact same thing in it. Check my join date and my post count, do i look like i am way too into "posting"? I guess trying to be polite and add a little humor makes me an ***?

Figures a Patriot fan --- I'll see you on the field at Heinz this weekend ---We can always beat you in the regular season... (3 time AFC CHAMP game losing witness here)

BTW that other thread does not specifically mention Impressions in the title which is what people look for (also that thread sort of degenerated just like this one)...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »