Home

Control all 32 or Just 1 - Hardcore Franchise Players Please

This is a discussion on Control all 32 or Just 1 - Hardcore Franchise Players Please within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2005, 12:42 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Control all 32 or Just 1 - Hardcore Franchise Players Please

I'll try this in a minute. I'm sure they had people on the block for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2005, 12:43 PM   #26
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
Nope....no one ever shows up on the trade block. Ever! I have everything to CPU and I went all the way to the trade deadline....never could get one player on the block, or offer me anything for anyone.
I started a franchise with 1 controlled team, and immediately in training camp there are players and offers all over the place.
This is a very negative to the 32 controlled teams IMO. I'm not sure I like the idea very much.
I'm simming a season to the end in a 1 controlled franchise to see some decision making at the end of the seasonby the AI, if I don't see anything to wild, I'll go that route. I must say, I was skeptical of the 32 team theory.
I agree, dude. It just seems like it's so much work; and frankly, too little reward, man.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:45 PM   #27
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLT
I agree, dude. It just seems like it's so much work; and frankly, too little reward, man.
Do I sense a tone of sarcasm, bro? I'm just trying to find the right way to play for me, bud. Do you play with all 32 teams, dude?
Old 09-23-2005, 12:49 PM   #28
All Star

OVR: 32

No, I've tried it but it didn't really work for me, man. Too much work for me.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:59 PM   #29
Banned

Samantha's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLT
No, I've tried it but it didn't really work for me, man. Too much work for me.
Sorry, you never know around here who's serious and who's not. I haven't found all 32 to be a very fun way to play. So far in the offseason, I haven't come across anything bad as far as AI decision making. I saved it to do it a couple times and see, but so far, no stupid moves by the AI.

Had you come across anthing?
Old 09-23-2005, 01:28 PM   #30
Banned

Samantha's Arena

Well, I went through a whole season, preseason, regular, playoffs, offseason...and I found nothing really to make me scratch my head and think what did they do that for? I used a madden generated draft, as that is what I will do. After the offseason, I noticed about a dozen draft picks released, however....there's more than that in the NFL. The highest draft pick released was a 2nd round pick, but he was a kicker. Most were all 6th rounders, and a couple 4th or 5th rounders. I see nothing wrong with that, as no player is guaranteed a roster spot. After looking at the teams, one team was in cap trouble, and released a 6th round DT, but they had 4 DT's that were pretty solid.
Overall, I see nothing wrong with a 1 controlled team franchise. The AI made pretty good decisions. And even the depth charts looked good, as I went through every team and I saw nothing, I mean nothing ridiculous.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:46 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 7

They do stupid things at times. Like already having a 90 QB and paying his back up which is an 88 almost the same money. Those things irk me. I would rather him start for another team who needs a QB. Even things out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2005, 04:07 PM   #32
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbz708
They do stupid things at times. Like already having a 90 QB and paying his back up which is an 88 almost the same money. Those things irk me. I would rather him start for another team who needs a QB. Even things out.
Think about the Chargers. They have a good QB, and are paying his back-up around 4-5 million dollars.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »