Home

Cap Penalties & Franchise Tag

This is a discussion on Cap Penalties & Franchise Tag within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2005, 09:29 PM   #1
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28
Arrow Cap Penalties & Franchise Tag

I was wondering if you guys could elaborate further on these 2 things...

I have no idea what a Franchise Tag does...

and I just found out in the "Team Info" screen, under My Team in the franchise mode menu, you can Clear all Cap Penalties... but it makes your prestige go down a little... My question about this is, are real NFL teams able to CLEAR Cap Penalties?... just to affect their Prestige a little?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2005, 10:24 PM   #2
Glory, Glory, Man United!

AtXj's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Cap Penalties & Franchise Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelldarim31

and I just found out in the "Team Info" screen, under My Team in the franchise mode menu, you can Clear all Cap Penalties... but it makes your prestige go down a little... My question about this is, are real NFL teams able to CLEAR Cap Penalties?... just to affect their Prestige a little?
I can't help you with the Clear Cap Penalties issue but I can tell you that a Franchise Tag is when you have a guy that's just come off a very good season and his contract has run out. You pay him alot of $$ for a one year deal as opposed to trying to work out a new long term contract.

As far as I know your also only able to apply one franchise tag per team.

Old 09-22-2005, 10:32 PM   #3
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Cap Penalties & Franchise Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelldarim31

Okay, franchise tag is ....a player and you are having a difficult time coming to a long term agreement, or maybe you are a little weary of giving him a long term contract with big money. So you franchise him, meaning you pay him the average of the top 5 paid players at his position. This is a one year contract, that is guaranteed. It gives you the ability to retain his rights, and not dish out big money over a long term period. Also, if a team wants to sign him as a free agent, they must give you 2 first round picks in compensation if you allow them to sign him....however in Madden I think its a 1st and 2nd round pick, but I'm not for sure there. Basically you're making a trade, with the other team.

As far as cap penalties clearing, you cannot clear cap penalties in the NFL. I'm not sure why the allow you to do so in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »