Home

Question about PC Version

This is a discussion on Question about PC Version within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2005, 08:50 PM   #1
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13
Question about PC Version

Are there fewer glitches (punt in particular). Up until about 2000, I was a PC gamer. Have been console ever since (got tired of upgrading hardware to keep up with games). However, these console games that are unpatchable are KILLING ME!!! Now that I can afford to upgrade my PC's regularly, I'm considering going back to the PC. Input please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2005, 10:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Nukester's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Question about PC Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitDoctor
Are there fewer glitches (punt in particular). Up until about 2000, I was a PC gamer. Have been console ever since (got tired of upgrading hardware to keep up with games). However, these console games that are unpatchable are KILLING ME!!! Now that I can afford to upgrade my PC's regularly, I'm considering going back to the PC. Input please.
PC version is just about the same as the console version from what I can tell, but seems to actually be MISSING a few things.

Punt problem is the same as the console. 99% of the punts are fair catches

- No injury slider. Not even in franchise mode. Its not anywhere. There is an on/off button, but no slider.

- Cant name team captains in franchise. The game sends an e-mail saying that captains were picked, but the human does not actually pick them like in the console.

One plus is that the gameplay sliders are on a 0-100 scale instead of 0-20 making it easier to tweak just a little bit more than the consoles.

I play mainly in franchise, so thats about the biggest things Ive seen so far. I havent dont any off season stuff, so I dont know how that shakes out. There may be more pro's and con's that Im forgeting or havent discovered yet.

All in all, Im having a blast with the PC version (and Im a converted ESPN 2k series player that hasnt played Madden since the Sega Genesis) and am jsut crossing my fingers that a patch or two comes our way, especially one with an injury slider. Oh, and its very easy to do roster updates and whatnot as opposed to a console (but Im sure you already knew that )

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »