Home

NEXT GEN MADDEN..PORT OR BRAND NEW GAME??

This is a discussion on NEXT GEN MADDEN..PORT OR BRAND NEW GAME?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2005, 01:33 PM   #33
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NEXT GEN MADDEN..PORT OR BRAND NEW GAME??

I see a future for you at Fox News, my friend. "Fair and balanced", indeed.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:28 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
now all they are doing is getting rich off of hard working people in the world by building their name up and now delivering poop game after poop game....
First, people don’t have to buy their games, and certainly wouldn’t buy their games if they were total poop. Second – and this is what bugs me most – if you’re going to dump on them, dump on them for the right reasons. EA removes features from their games, or they program their games so you can only play it a certain way – their way. They have little interest in catering to the customer and making their games user-friendly in terms of offering a wide variety of game play choices and editing possibilities.

Example using Tiger Woods for the PC: Their 04 game was okay. Then the 05 game comes out with some great game play improvements, but they remove the Season Mode and ability to create custom seasons (?!) And now TW 06 has just been released, and cyber-golfers got excited to hear EA put Season Mode back in. Yippee! But wait: now after going through all the work of creating a custom season, you have to then create a custom player and can only play your custom season using that one golfer. So if you want to use a different golfer, you have to create and program another entire season all over again. That’s insane! And they program their games this way to ensure you can only play the game one way: the way they decide it should be played. That's what I hate about EA.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:34 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
And they program their games this way to ensure you can only play the game one way: the way they decide it should be played. That's what I hate about EA.
BTW: 2K started doing this as well. In 2K4 for example, you could sub in any player at any position. In 2K5, they removed that ability. There are a few other examples having to do with custom teams -- stuff you could do in 2K4 but couldn't in 2K5 -- but I'll leave it at that. I just hate that crap is all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2005, 03:40 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 3

2k5 is not too broken to enjoy. In fact, its only broken if you know the breaking points..like...a LB in the guard center gap..snap the ball and he upchucks the bing bang pretty ditty ditty..wammo..your Kew Bee is see-zacked my jack jack front to back cadallac like Williams ova dare in Tampa Bay boyeee.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:00 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
First, people don’t have to buy their games, and certainly wouldn’t buy their games if they were total poop.
Not true. Especially not now. Loud games sell these days, and a good # of the people buying them don't look for gameplay specifics. A game that's advertised loudly has a chance to sell somewhat well. It doesn't happen ALL THE TIME, but it happens enough where a highly promoted game with tons of gameplay issues will outsell a superiorly programmed game with little or no ad power pushing it (witness Tomb Raider: Another Odd Design vs. beyond Good and Evil). people don't HAVE to buy games, but people are sheep.

Back in the day, gamers were a lot more specific about buying crap. now that the market has been saturated with casual gamers, the amount of crap bought has increased.

And I agree that some games pull useful features. How much code would it have taken up to leave the Play Editor feature in 2K? I know that some features get stripped to save space (in SOME cases), but for the most part you're right - features get removed, then get put back in with a NEW on them, even though they're not REALLY new.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:15 PM   #38
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
2k5 is not too broken to enjoy. In fact, its only broken if you know the breaking points..like...a LB in the guard center gap..snap the ball and he upchucks the bing bang pretty ditty ditty..wammo..your Kew Bee is see-zacked my jack jack front to back cadallac like Williams ova dare in Tampa Bay boyeee.
Its broken to some of us for various reasons but that's not the point of this thread.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:32 PM   #39
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
sorry to disappoint you but its a port and nothing is new...and thanks to the higher resolution graphics its looks and feels sluggish...I got to play a few quarters last week at the .......... managers conference....and everyone who is expecting something great of this game...will be kicking themselves....

I know its the only next gen nfl game...but rent first before spitting out $60 is all I'm saying...otherwise you will be kicking your expectations in the ***.....

graphics are good but not much better than nfl 2k5 just more detail for a madden model....faces look great and so do stadiums they have a kickazz effect to them..but don't except much is all I'm saying ...maybe in 2007...but 2006 is just not good nor impressive...too bad they showed all them fake *** commercials and cg videos..because its a disappointment.
Not disappointing me at all, i would have to play it and decide for myself on that one ... like i said ....its a NEW game. I never said it will be great, even though i hoped it would be since its the only Football on next gen for now. Weather you felt it was impressive or not ....doesnt change the fact its on a new engine, that is soo clear it amazes me how anyone could think otherwise.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:24 PM   #40
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassiladelph
Not true. Especially not now. Loud games sell these days, and a good # of the people buying them don't look for gameplay specifics. A game that's advertised loudly has a chance to sell somewhat well. It doesn't happen ALL THE TIME, but it happens enough where a highly promoted game with tons of gameplay issues will outsell a superiorly programmed game with little or no ad power pushing it (witness Tomb Raider: Another Odd Design vs. beyond Good and Evil). people don't HAVE to buy games, but people are sheep.
The last sentence. Shouldn't the blame be placed with the consumer, not EA? New Coke sucked, and people didn't buy it. It was "loudly" marketed, but sold poorly. Madden supposedly sucks, but it sells well. To me, it isn't EA's fault that people are buying their "lousy" game just because they market the hell out of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »