Home

NEXT GEN MADDEN..PORT OR BRAND NEW GAME??

This is a discussion on NEXT GEN MADDEN..PORT OR BRAND NEW GAME?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2005, 09:49 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NEXT GEN MADDEN..PORT OR BRAND NEW GAME??

wow this thread has made it past 5 pages and hasnt been locked yet lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2005, 10:52 PM   #42
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

madden doesn't suck, that the thing. is coke better than new coke? hell yeah, new coke sucked. is coke better than pepsi? depends on what you like in your cola. now it's a bad example bc both brands advertise like crazy and have similar history at least to this generation and last (guess i'm included in last now... damn i'm old). if coke were advertised loudly like crazy and pepsi wasn't then it'd be a more fitting example.

don't know how this turned into a madden/2k thread but so far it's not too bad. i can't speak for madden and have wondered their motives behind taking some things out myself but i doubt it's as deep as we may think... even if we think the decision sucks. i can tell you exactly why the play editor was taken out of the 2k series. i can also tell you why the substitution packages where changed to be more restrictive along with SOME of the gameplay changes. it's because the game was built with online play in mind since 2k1 and every year a group of changes were made in direct response to what was being abused online. in some cases the changes made for better online play until a new abuse was developed. in other cases, the problem needed to be fixed but the action probably wasn't the best. as predicted, madden has followed the lead and changed some things due to what's been happening online. i honestly think the vision cone is a product of that. but that's another topic. my point is in responding to the gamers cries sometimes it's addition and sometimes it's addition by subtraction.

i honestly can't explain why ea has made some removals that they've made and it seems like they do it just to throw them back in later, but does anyone REALLY think they would do that? it's probably that they thought taking it out would fix an issue. i guess you could call that lazy in some cases, but only if you can pinpoint the issue and most ea cases i can't.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:18 AM   #43
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
madden doesn't suck, that the thing. is coke better than new coke? hell yeah, new coke sucked. is coke better than pepsi? depends on what you like in your cola. now it's a bad example bc both brands advertise like crazy and have similar history at least to this generation and last (guess i'm included in last now... damn i'm old). if coke were advertised loudly like crazy and pepsi wasn't then it'd be a more fitting example.
Use the example of RC Cola. It doesn't advertise as much, but produces a quality soft drink. It is all about taste. I put "lousy" in quotes for just that reason. Another good example was Betamax. It was marketed like crazy and went the way of the dodo bird. Consumers used to be smart. Now they tend to buy whatever is flashy and well marketed. Take Nike, Tommy Hilfiger, and Levi's. They are no higher quality than lesser named products, but they are gobbled up by consumer simply because of the marketing.

To be on topic, yes, Madden 360 will be an enhanced port of the current game. In 2006, EA will debut a brand new engine for PS3 and Xbox 360. Despite the EA/Sony link rumors, it makes sense for EA to hold off, as they can get more bang for their buck with 2 of the market leaders having relatively brand new consoles next fall.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:34 AM   #44
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

But this was obvisious. Creating two new engines bug free for the same game within one year would be nearly impossible. Or possible and really buggy. This will be a port and 07 will be the real deal. I believe that BS is telling the truth, he isn't the kind of guy that would flame a game. As far as the freezing he described that might be because it was a beta version but we will all find out Nov. 22nd, or atleast some of us will.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:18 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
This will be a port and 07 will be the real deal
thanks for confirming that. Time to put up your crystal ball. I think I will take the word of the people that made the game over yours.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2005, 01:02 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 3

DAMNIT EA..where the heck are the screenshots and video clips of next gen. We gets nada....Min wax and wood.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #47
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
DAMNIT EA..where the heck are the screenshots and video clips of next gen. We gets nada....Min wax and wood.
ok stop with the bitching about EA....

2k fanboys want a quick lesson?

we'll look at the NBA.

BOTH 2k and EA will be releasing a NBA game for launch..... have you seen any footage of those games? NO. no one is bitching about 2k not releasing any of their footage. we're still over 50 days away from launch. Thats still alot of time. We'll get PLENTY of footage from all LAUNCH titles as early as next week from x05. everyone take a deep breath.

and as far as porting is concerned....

from what i have read, the team that made madden 06 for the xbox is a COMPLETELY different team than the one working on the 360 version. EA has had the 360 game in production for over a year now, with programmers focusing on the 360 version. Hell, the fact that there are twice as many animations, radio announcing crew for each team, no superstar mode, and possibly no CAP should speak for itself that this version is NOT a port
Old 09-29-2005, 02:34 PM   #48
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
from what i have read, the team that made madden 06 for the xbox is a COMPLETELY different team than the one working on the 360 version. EA has had the 360 game in production for over a year now, with programmers focusing on the 360 version. Hell, the fact that there are twice as many animations, radio announcing crew for each team, no superstar mode, and possibly no CAP should speak for itself that this version is NOT a port
Twice as many animations and a radio announcing crew for each team are enhancements, not a new game engine. The exclusion of certain features can also be attributed to the converting the game to the new console, also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »