Home

NEXT GEN MADDEN..PORT OR BRAND NEW GAME??

This is a discussion on NEXT GEN MADDEN..PORT OR BRAND NEW GAME?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2005, 02:38 PM   #49
No end in sight...

OVR: 20
Re: NEXT GEN MADDEN..PORT OR BRAND NEW GAME??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Twice as many animations and a radio announcing crew for each team are enhancements, not a new game engine. The exclusion of certain features can also be attributed to the converting the game to the new console, also.
and it can also show that since they are building the game from the ground up, they do not have enough time to put in the extra "fluff" stuff...

btw, what does a "new engine" mean to you?
Old 09-29-2005, 02:44 PM   #50
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
and it can also show that since they are building the game from the ground up, they do not have enough time to put in the extra "fluff" stuff...

I've been wondering about that for sometime now. Was Madden's debut on the PS2 an "new engine"? I would say so, but at the same time it was in many ways very similar to the PS1 Maddens (playcalling screens, passing game mechanics, etc. ). Why shouldn't we expect that the next-gen Madden will follow the same general trend?
Old 09-29-2005, 03:08 PM   #51
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:

a "new game engine" to me, is a new way to play the game. the running game is more realistic. the passing game is changed. the camera angles are either more fluid or offer different angles of the play. the presentation is changed. the physics get an upgrade. the graphics are not just enhanced, but completely redesigned (look at the grass textures. no change at all). animations are ovehauled, not just added to. If it looks and plays exactly like Madden 06 with better graphics, I am calling it a port.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2005, 03:13 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
a "new game engine" to me, is a new way to play the game. the running game is more realistic. the passing game is changed. the camera angles are either more fluid or offer different angles of the play. the presentation is changed. the physics get an upgrade. the graphics are not just enhanced, but completely redesigned (look at the grass textures. no change at all). animations are ovehauled, not just added to. If it looks and plays exactly like Madden 06 with better graphics, I am calling it a port.
You play NBA2k6? Heard the engine was built from scratch. heard it plays similar to 2k5 but everyone is saying NBA2k6 is the best B-ball game ever.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:14 PM   #53
No end in sight...

Quote:
well from the info we have, there is no way to tell whether or not its got a new engine. you can only tell if it plays the same by PLAYING the game, which no one in here has done.

and how would you change the passing game? i really dont see any way you could possibly change how thats done.

and there can be a new game engine without there being a new graphics engine.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
ok stop with the bitching about EA....

2k fanboys want a quick lesson?

we'll look at the NBA.

BOTH 2k and EA will be releasing a NBA game for launch..... have you seen any footage of those games? NO. no one is bitching about 2k not releasing any of their footage. we're still over 50 days away from launch. Thats still alot of time. We'll get PLENTY of footage from all LAUNCH titles as early as next week from x05. everyone take a deep breath.

and as far as porting is concerned....

from what i have read, the team that made madden 06 for the xbox is a COMPLETELY different team than the one working on the 360 version. EA has had the 360 game in production for over a year now, with programmers focusing on the 360 version. Hell, the fact that there are twice as many animations, radio announcing crew for each team, no superstar mode, and possibly no CAP should speak for itself that this version is NOT a port

Its a Port Guy, believe it or not there are some people here who have seen the game in action already, especially the Redmond guys.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:23 PM   #55
No end in sight...

btw in case anyone in here forgot how great the game was looking 4 months ago, just re-read some of those behind closed doors impressions...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...w_6125625.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2005, 04:54 PM   #56
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
You play NBA2k6? Heard the engine was built from scratch. heard it plays similar to 2k5 but everyone is saying NBA2k6 is the best B-ball game ever.
No, I don't play NBA games. I hate the NBA, but I am looking forward to College Hoops 2k6. Is that rebuilt from the ground up also? If so, I'm majorly excited.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »