Home

Just picked up the new egm

This is a discussion on Just picked up the new egm within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 08:14 PM   #113
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Just picked up the new egm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
The first sports games on every knew console tend to be stripped down from their previous versions. I remember the same thing happening with Madden in 2000. It might just have something to do with the time it takes to code the game for the new console. Hmmmm...
If EA was the only one making football games over the past 7 years, you'd have a good point. But if my memory serves, 2k wasn't a stripped down port when it made the jump from the dreamcast to the xbox. It certainly wasn't missing something as basic as create a player. I've been creating myself to play linebacker for the Steelers since time (or videogames) began. It's amazing..you guys drink the EA kool aid long enough, you'll believe anything. Reminds me of some republicans I know.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:43 PM   #114
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
If EA was the only one making football games over the past 7 years, you'd have a good point. But if my memory serves, 2k wasn't a stripped down port when it made the jump from the dreamcast to the xbox. It certainly wasn't missing something as basic as create a player. I've been creating myself to play linebacker for the Steelers since time (or videogames) began. It's amazing..you guys drink the EA kool aid long enough, you'll believe anything. Reminds me of some republicans I know.
I agree with you on your EA points, but I take issue with the Republican slam. Keep it sports, please.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:51 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 3

Lots of negativity here, it's like you guys root for the game to fail or something.

First of all, Madden 06 on the XBOX 360 IS NOT A PORT! It has been stated MANY times from different sources, it is an all new engine.

So, forget about Superstar Mode and Owner Mode, they were a waste of space as is...weren't worth the hype. Nobody can confirm any of this information anyways, I mean honestly, who has personally read the magazine and found the Create A Player is gone. It doesn't make sense on EA's part in any aspect. I want someone to show me the EGM scan that says the words "Create A Player has been removed."

Wait until the 5th for some real information and stop going off speculation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2005, 08:58 PM   #116
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitDoctor
I agree with you on your EA points, but I take issue with the Republican slam. Keep it sports, please.
Sorry HitDoctor...I was actually trying to be funny with the sarcasm and didn't mean to offend.

NCHelix, you also make a good point. I should know better than to spout off about something when there hasn't been any confirmation yet.

Last edited by GTheorenHobbes; 09-29-2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:28 PM   #117
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
If no CAP is a reason not to buy the game and enjoy it, you have some issues. I'm sure someone will be editing rosters and having some pretty accurate ones. Who cares who the 3rd string DE is ????
I guess I have some issues then. Don't we all have issues of some sort???

No doubt this would make a good rental or two........ but I do remember playing Madden 01 for PS2 all the way up to NCAA 2002 release date because I was able to create some real life rookies like Vick and Tomlinson. Unless I can do that, it just doesn't feel right playing the game past March or so knowing that I can't at least feel like I'm playing with or against top draft picks..........

Not to mention I'm not one of the blessed ones that will be getting the X360 @ launch......... but hey Heelfan........... I have issues
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 09-29-2005, 09:29 PM   #118
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Dreamcast WAS a new generation console. It did get stripped down from Saturn to Dreamcast.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:29 PM   #119
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Why? They could easily implement classic uniforms without having classic teams. I'm not saying they will, but to insinuate that classic uni's will be left out because there are no classic teams, that's a bit of a reach.
Hows that a reach, all you hafta do for classic teams is make uniforms and rosters, in which the rosters are only ratings not any names at all.

I bet EA didnt make any classic teams because they would have to do a ton of uniforms, and its not like they had to update graphics on old jerseys, its not a port so they would hafta do them from the ground up.

Someone might say" well adds classic unis is easy"

Well creating a player is easier and its not in the game

EA can scan 200 faces of the NFL but cannot find time to make some measily generic faces, thats hilarious!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 09:34 PM   #120
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Dreamcast WAS a new generation console. It did get stripped down from Saturn to Dreamcast.
Was that even close to being the same game though?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »