Home

Just picked up the new egm

This is a discussion on Just picked up the new egm within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 04:57 PM   #9
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Just picked up the new egm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
So if owner's mode isn't there, does that mean there might be no franchise mode? If so, that sucks.
No owner's mode was a feature with in franchise mode...
Old 09-28-2005, 04:58 PM   #10
Running of the Bulls

Macar91's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Confirm ? They are on a time constraint so some things were probably left out. Less important things like what price to sell a hot dog. If they ported "something" wouldn't you think these features would still be there ???

I couldn't agree more.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:01 PM   #11
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Also Hooded...are you a subscriber to EGM?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2005, 05:10 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Confirm ? They are on a time constraint so some things were probably left out. Less important things like what price to sell a hot dog. If they ported "something" wouldn't you think these features would still be there ???
Even porting the game with better graphics would be a step up than what's rumored. I mean, isn't that what they did with 2001? And if they did have time constraints (which they did), it wouldn't be enough time for them to create a new engine, so they had to port "some" code over. Even with the time constraints, you'd think they'd get a lot of stuff right, but then again, there's my pesky gamer sense stepping into the realm of business.

It's just insane to think that some things that are considered staples in sports games wouldn't be on a next gen release (and we're only saying Owner mode - if they were able to get franchise mode in that's really all I care about).
Old 09-28-2005, 05:40 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 22

Every new generation of consoles comes a new madden with a new engine. I dont know why people keep thinking its a port from the current generation..its simply not and its clearly visible. Im not saying what we are seeing with Madden 360 is impressive or anything, im just saying from a technical standpoint, its clearly visible that its not from the current generation.

Maybe some people arent too videogame savvy to see this..not sure but its not a port of the current madden...that is for sure.

Last edited by Moegames; 09-28-2005 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:50 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1
Red face Re: Just picked up the new egm

Sure enuff. EGM states that subscribers should receive the new issue on 9/27. I guess the big question is...are there any new pics in the mag? What else does it say other than for the "NFL-films on the field" deal? I'm glad that Madden isn't announcing. Maybe - it'll actually start to sound better. Imagine that - hopefully more like the 2k series.

My local B+N retailer doesn't have it yet...so it looks like I'm waiting another day.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:57 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Maybe Madden Michaels do commentary only for Monday Night Games, selected playoff games as well as the super bowl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2005, 05:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

scan the article and you are a heroe
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »