Home

Official Madden NFL 07 - Wishlist

This is a discussion on Official Madden NFL 07 - Wishlist within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2005, 07:38 PM   #33
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Official Madden NFL 07 - Wishlist

Make it fun. Just kidding. But not really.

Here are a couple I think I say this every year:

Half sacks and assisted tackles. This is tied into gang tackling as well. But track it correctly statistically.

The current numerical rating system needs revamped. More intangibles. It would be kinda cool to play a player in preseason to see if he is actually good enuugh.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:59 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 5

What I would like to see -

NFL Europe - They already have the teams, lets add onto it now and put it in the dynasty mode.

Coach Mode - You start in the pre-season with a huge roster of players. Then run practices to test and try out the players that are in mini camp. You schedule everything, what time the first practice takes place, what happens at that practice. Design (or choose plays) a mini-camp playbook and teach it to your players by repping it in practice. Then make your cuts as scheduled. Basically it goes on for the rest of the season along thoes lines. Options to interact with players by having choices to push them hard, get on their case of congradulate them. I think this would be a huge and awesome mode... problem is it would only be appealing to a small small group of gamers, so it's never going to happen.

Better Cut-Scenes - I would love to see a coach get in a players face after dropping a pass on 3rd down or a QB on the phone or headset with the men upstairs. Also, to have the other coaches on the sideline along with back up QB's with head sets and clip boards.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:22 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 8

Here's my wishlist , and its very simple..scrap the current games engine and mechanics completely and start afresh.
There's so much sticking plaster on the current version , that its actually hard to see the basic game underneath..eg 2004 produced wild passing nos with ridiculous ease for both human and AI, so with the 2005 edition the "year of the D" wa introduced ..which stopped passing effectively , but unfortunately the game engine couldn't cope with a different level of awareness for lb and dbs against the run , so the running game was basicly obliterated for a year. Now in 2006 the vision cone (another good idea) but yet again seemingly impossible to integrate into the current (current? 5 years old!) engine , as its fun for you , but again basicaly kills the AI passing game (well turns virtually every AI QB from his previous "Montana" vision, to "Ryan Leaf on a bad day attempted 23 completed 3" vision.

I'm sure the programmers would love the challenge of starting afresh , and with next gen consoles (well at least one) in place by aug 07..what better time is there?

Heeeeeeere's hoping.

DrewBledsoe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2005, 07:11 PM   #36
Banned

Samantha's Arena

Speaking in terms of the new generation of consoles, particularly the PS3, because that's what I'll wait for...

Gosh, I could name so many...and will probably leave something out if I tried to list it all, so I'll list a few, so many people are already listing so much....

- better AI. Top of the art GM AI. Make the right moves, cuts, trades, free agent signings.
- Great gameplay animations! Great tackles, horse collar tackles, bone crushing hits, missed arm tackles, dives, jumps, slides, everything!
- More penalties, defensive holding, illegal contact, illegal block in the back, hands to the face, horse collar penalty.
- Deeper franchise mode...expanded preseason rosters.
- More training camp ideas, more difficult drills. CPU teams going through these as well. 7 on 7 team drills. With possible injuries during training camp.
- More depth to the draft, cpu ability to trade.
- More personality and player happiness stuff. Agents involved more, disciplinary problems, more depth to contracts. Let the user structure the contract more, instead of a set structure. A more stiff salary cap, with retired players counting against the cap when they are still on the books for prorated signing bonuses.
- Great graphics!!! Let me see it, jersey pulling, heads turning for the ball.
- A whole new field goal kicking system. I'm not sure exactly what I mean by this, other than the fact it is ridiculous that the blocked field goal is just not a part of Madden the past 10 years. We need some busted lines, and bad snaps, bad holds, low kicks everything that has never been in Madden before.
- Fumbled enter/QB exchanges
- More complicated playbooks and defensive schemes
- The ability to stand in the pocket, and if no one is open to sail one out of bounds or out of the endzone towards a receiver. As of now, you can't do this, if you are in the pocket, and no one is open, you are foced to run or take the sack, when in reality, you should be able to sail one about 10 yards over a receiver's head so no one can catch it and yet its not intentional grounding.
- Better roster editing ability, without it changing career numbers, or draft status or any BS like that. I want the system to recoginize the player even though I edit him, and I don't want to the team rating to jump from 72 to 88 just because I edited a jersey number.
- Continue to improve the stadiums and atmosphere, included sidelines. More emotion from players and fans. Not just two or three fans standing alone holding up a foam finger...but from a larger group of fans.
- Great pop up stats. I love this....Madden used to do this more, then they stopped. There is nothing like 3rd quarter, your team needs a critical 3rd down stop, and the stat pops up that your defense has stopped the offense 3 6 of 9 times on 3rd and 7 or longer. Just things like that get me going! I love stats that pop up during the game.
- You can always improve progression, always!
- No game killers!!! Please whatever you do, don't release a great game with a game killing bug...i.e. Lefty bug on MVP. Fully test this product!!!! So many people will spend several hundred dollars on the new generation consoles, and the worst thing you could do is put out a game killing bug that will ruin these people's first experience with the console!!!!
- Stat tracking galore!! I want stats like no other! Game by game, career, vs teams in his career, anything and everything.
- Great scouting reports.

I could go on and on, these are things I think of.

Last edited by Samantha; 10-22-2005 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:19 PM   #37
Banned

Samantha's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
Here's my wishlist , and its very simple..scrap the current games engine and mechanics completely and start afresh.
There's so much sticking plaster on the current version , that its actually hard to see the basic game underneath..eg 2004 produced wild passing nos with ridiculous ease for both human and AI, so with the 2005 edition the "year of the D" wa introduced ..which stopped passing effectively , but unfortunately the game engine couldn't cope with a different level of awareness for lb and dbs against the run , so the running game was basicly obliterated for a year. Now in 2006 the vision cone (another good idea) but yet again seemingly impossible to integrate into the current (current? 5 years old!) engine , as its fun for you , but again basicaly kills the AI passing game (well turns virtually every AI QB from his previous "Montana" vision, to "Ryan Leaf on a bad day attempted 23 completed 3" vision.

I'm sure the programmers would love the challenge of starting afresh , and with next gen consoles (well at least one) in place by aug 07..what better time is there?

Heeeeeeere's hoping.

DrewBledsoe.
Oh, they'll be well in place by then! I think the PS3 will be out worldwide in the spring of '06, so by next years Madden '07, XBOX360 and PS3 will be in full force.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:30 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
Oh, they'll be well in place by then! I think the PS3 will be out worldwide in the spring of '06, so by next years Madden '07, XBOX360 and PS3 will be in full force.
Yeah I meant '06 twas talking bout Madden 07 that threw me
Old 10-24-2005, 07:50 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 6
If you were part of the Tiburon staff...

What would you do to make the madden franchise better?
Old 10-24-2005, 07:53 PM   #40
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: If you were part of the Tiburon staff...

Very interesting question. I see this thread causing some trouble tho,lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »