Home

Official Madden NFL 07 - Wishlist

This is a discussion on Official Madden NFL 07 - Wishlist within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2005, 07:59 PM   #41
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:
Re: If you were part of the Tiburon staff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
What would you do to make the madden franchise better?
If I was in upper management, I would look at the sales numbers and tell the staff good job, keep up the good work. If I was a lowly member of the development team, I would do whatever the upper management told me to do.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2005, 08:01 PM   #42
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Wow, can of worms opened, worms all over the floor

1) Running game improvements, this part of Madden has always needed alot of work, make it more like 2K in this regard..but how do you strike a balance between the low avg's of Madden, and the inflated running avg's of ESPN to find a middle ground. Combine the 2 and you should have a pretty nice running attack.

2) Use that Natural Motion animation system, that thing has so many possibilities its ridiculous.

3) Tackling system. While running up to a player and jumping at them does happen on occasion in the NFL, its the bread and butter on D in Madden. Make it similar to 2K (minus the WWE slams etc) when it comes to tackling animations etc.

It's tough to discuss Madden without bringing up 2K, but it really cannot be avoided...no fanboy here by any means.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:01 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Very interesting question. I see this thread causing some trouble tho,lol.
Good question it is..No flaming should happen because we are not talking first hand about Tiburon. Just want to see the different views and ideas people have.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:02 PM   #44
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
If I was in upper management, I would look at the sales numbers and tell the staff good job, keep up the good work. If I was a lowly member of the development team, I would do whatever the upper management told me to do.
Come on ObiWan, you wouldnt change ANYTHING?? sheesh
Old 10-24-2005, 08:03 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious

It's tough to discuss Madden without bringing up 2K, but it really cannot be avoided...no fanboy here by any means.
Its cool to bring up 2k series.2K series had great features with their game that I wish madden had in. I could easily put in Madden and play it for 1 hour then pop in 2k5 and play that for another hour.Both games were good IMO but both also had flaws in the game.

Good post CPTObious.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2005, 08:05 PM   #46
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins

That's pretty much what happens now, which is why it's reletively stayed the same. I would explain that they can't base success just on sales numbers since they are the only NFL game in town and the need to have some deeper pride in what they deliver to the loyal fans. I would tell them since they are the only ones with the license they need to make the best possible product and be the leader they deamed themselves to be.
What I would do is tell the staff to spend a whole week watching NFL games then take what they've seen and start from scratch on the new engine. First and foremost get the running right then go from there.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:13 PM   #47
Banned

If I was part of the staff[upper management] I would tell my workers to

-take 2 weeks off.
-during those 2 weeks watch NFL games and game film
-Take notes on what you see in the actual NFL game that should be in the videogame
-After the 2 weeks come back and have a group meeting discussing everyone's notes
-Have the same group play the current madden and make notice of what features listed while studying for 2 weeks should be in the next release of madden
-Make sure to get every accessory in the game[adjustable mouthpiece,handtowels,pocketwarmers]
-down the road I would have my team assigned to all 32 stadiums so they can ask the head PR man what crowd chants and stadium specific music the teams has.

I would just tell my co-workers to make this the best representation of NFL on a console.

Last edited by deejay8595; 10-24-2005 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:25 PM   #48
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

If was on the development team.....

Id definatly try to develop some sort of physics system. Watching Football every Sunday and Monday Ive noticed how many things occur that I never see in Madden. Such as how backs slip thru so many different wholes that are impossible in Madden now. Alot of missed tackles occur due to speed and wrong pursiut angles that dont occur in the game. Of course tackling different hits and blocking would all tie into this.

Secondly Id try to get a great presenstion on the game. Dynamic crowds. Fans leaving over time in blow out games. TV style angles, every single angle we'd see on TV would be on the game. Post play and pre play cams. TV style replays, all that fly sh1t. Id try 2 get commentators to go over the top and try to give us as many lines as possible.

3rd, Id try to get all the accessories right just how we see them on the field. Low socks, accurate cleat colors for each team. Neck rolls and pads. Black and white tape. Wrist bands, gloves sleeves ect. Diff pads for diff players, everything. Id have it so players could edit everything as well.

Lastly Id leave out all those wack A$$ features. Create a fan, crib mode all that bullsh1t. Id try not to have any gimmicky sh1t. Itd be all NFL all the time. Straight Authentic. Id add more but Im tired of typing,lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »