Home

Is Madden no longer a system (X360) seller?

This is a discussion on Is Madden no longer a system (X360) seller? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2005, 10:22 PM   #33
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Is Madden no longer a system (X360) seller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
In your opinion. Add that.

I love 06 on the 'Box.
And that would be yours.....on my track sheet from Gamestop and EB Games. Almost 41% of the Madden 2006 sold, came back and were traded back in within the first 2 weeks. Not to mention the request for ESPN NFL 2k5 was high and demanded, after the news got out about an online 2k6 project. I know, I work for one of these company's. And we've shipped thousands of copies to our stores as requested. So no its not an opinion its a fact. And lots of Madden Fans are disappointed with this years game. They are only making themselves like it, because its Madden and because its the only NFL game for this year.

EA dumped a load of boo boo on us all with this crap, I use to have respect for this company. But to feed us all this type of game, after getting the rights is just insulting. And to have the nerve not to improve the graphics, a waste of a franchise, w/ cheap gimmicks! They still charged $49.99 for the same game with a few extras...its an upgrade not a new game. Should have been $30 or less. And now look at Madden 360, you can't tell me honestly that its impressive.....

Hyping everyone up with this stuff!!!!

And Delivering this crap......

Now tell me thats right...
Old 10-02-2005, 10:27 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
And Delivering this crap......

Now tell me thats right...
Why post a picture from old version of Madden Next Gen?

lol...your funny man...
Old 10-02-2005, 10:32 PM   #35
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Hopefully we'll all see this week. Either way support it or hate it, 1 side shall be silenced. I hope its the haters,lol. I want a steller next gen football title.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2005, 10:35 PM   #36
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Are you serious..old ..this is the crap they released just a week ago...its not old.....I'm just saying where are the revolutionizing graphics with all the McNabb in the snow and stuff...the system is definitely capable of that..why not do it....

Obviously the NBA 2k6 footage surpassed it....EA Madden 360 still looks one step higher than a current gen game...

You are the joker....trying to high praise...low effort quality when it comes to the sport of Football....get off EA's johnson man...and just admit it....they are definitely being lazy and not putting effort into Madden....maybe that 700 Million should have been used on better graphic artist.....
Old 10-02-2005, 10:37 PM   #37
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I wouldn't say that, but what some people don't realize is that a HUUUGE reason people chose the PS1 over Dreamcast was the fact that EA's games, including MADDEN, were found on Sony's system.

Keep that in mind...

My question with the thread is moreso angled to those that have invested in a pre-order for a 360 primarily b/c of Madden and Live, much like myself.

The irony in all this is that NBA 2k6 is the only title keeping me with the system. If that title didn't come along, I would have purchased the 360 and sold the **** on eBay for a profit. The PS3 still looks like it will dominate next-gen, although MS is narrowing the gap.
I think I better understand what your original question was getting at then. I agree that having Madden more or less exclusive hurt the Dreamcast in the long run. But after thinking about it... I don't think Madden is the system seller that it once was. It's a hard question to answer because of this exclusivity mess. I think Madden sold a ton of copies being a launch title for the PS2 simply because there really wasn't much else to choose from. You had SSX which was probably the best launch title, then Madden, Tekken Tag Tournament, etc. - mostly nothing notable. The XB360 situation is similiar in that there's no killer app releasing with the system, and given the info we've had so far it's not looking as Madden will be it either. But maybe we'll finally hear some concrete information about the game this week. Right now it's looking like the two best games at launch will be PGR3 and NBA2k6.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:44 PM   #38
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
Why post a picture from old version of Madden Next Gen?

lol...your funny man...
I'm just tired of the speculation. Strausser pointed noted that he could "only" release two screen shots, and that we'd get more info brought to us exclusively from EGM. Judging from what I saw in the mag, it's not all that much better than the BK stuff. If anything, I thought the pics in the XB360 promotional mag looked better. There's just so much misinformation out there it's tiring trying to follow it all. And the fact they're being so secretive when they have no competition isn't helping.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:54 PM   #39
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'm just tired of the speculation. Strausser pointed noted that he could "only" release two screen shots, and that we'd get more info brought to us exclusively from EGM. Judging from what I saw in the mag, it's not all that much better than the BK stuff. If anything, I thought the pics in the XB360 promotional mag looked better. There's just so much misinformation out there it's tiring trying to follow it all. And the fact they're being so secretive when they have no competition isn't helping.
What's amazing to me is that they were obviously lying but people still defend them. I guess people like having their intelligence questioned.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 10-02-2005, 11:00 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Are you serious..old ..this is the crap they released just a week ago...its not old.....I'm just saying where are the revolutionizing graphics with all the McNabb in the snow and stuff...the system is definitely capable of that..why not do it....

Obviously the NBA 2k6 footage surpassed it....EA Madden 360 still looks one step higher than a current gen game...

You are the joker....trying to high praise...low effort quality when it comes to the sport of Football....get off EA's johnson man...and just admit it....they are definitely being lazy and not putting effort into Madden....maybe that 700 Million should have been used on better graphic artist.....
Da helll.....Strauser himself said the pics were from a very early build...

Like I said before...Do some people want EA and Madden to Fail????

The hell are you talking about "get off EA's johnson man"

I liked every version of Madden so far as long as I've been playing videogames.

I have a question for you....

give me 10 reasons why they have been lazy about Next Gen Madden....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »