Home

Lack of Madden 360 Info, screens, etc. May Not Be EA's Fault

This is a discussion on Lack of Madden 360 Info, screens, etc. May Not Be EA's Fault within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2005, 10:37 AM   #9
#HTownTakeover #YWCF
 
coogrfan's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 15,571
Re: Lack of Madden 360 Info, screens, etc. May Not Be EA's Fault

Interesting read.
__________________
HOUSTON COUGARS FOOTBALL 2020 (1-1, 1-0)

Last game: BYU 43 Houston 26

Next game: 10/24 @ Navy

coogrfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:43 AM   #10
Pr*s*n*r#70460649
 
Graphik's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chi-Town, Ill-State
Posts: 10,559
Re: Lack of Madden 360 Info, screens, etc. May Not Be EA's Fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
don't worry, I'm sure someone will post some conspiracy theory on EA and how the article is a fake or how IGN is in bed with EA.

I'm working on it....gotta re-read.
Graphik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:44 AM   #11
MVP
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Aug 2002
Re: Lack of Madden 360 Info, screens, etc. May Not Be EA's Fault

I chalked it up to them wanting to push the regular madden sales before they go nuts with the 360 stuff. No biggie. By tomorrow we will all have a good idea what 360 has in store for us. I see the 360 version as lots of:

"we didnt have time to add that feature this year" type quotes surrounded by lots of exciting things (like all the added animations, stadiums, etc.) Typical for an EA brand launch...give us little by little every year. Not to bash them, but give me my 60 bucks worth every once in a while this gen. would ya?
silver540i is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2005, 10:53 AM   #12
Pr*s*n*r#70460649
 
Graphik's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chi-Town, Ill-State
Posts: 10,559
Re: Lack of Madden 360 Info, screens, etc. May Not Be EA's Fault

Well, I'm glad that I'm not getting a launch 360. It seems pretty clear that the launch titles will be imperfect based on the fact that info is severly lacking......and this article. Heck, every new console goes through the same late blooming effect. I remember playing a luanch PS1 and they best things they had at that time where Boshido Blade, Warhawk and ESPN Games which which all felt rushed through the door. PS2 did the same things and it looks to be the same with the 360. We should'nt see more quality titles till next christmas IMO.
Graphik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:07 PM   #13
All Star
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Queens, New York
Re: Lack of Madden 360 Info, screens, etc. May Not Be EA's Fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Well, I'm glad that I'm not getting a launch 360. It seems pretty clear that the launch titles will be imperfect based on the fact that info is severly lacking......and this article. Heck, every new console goes through the same late blooming effect. I remember playing a luanch PS1 and they best things they had at that time where Boshido Blade, Warhawk and ESPN Games which which all felt rushed through the door. PS2 did the same things and it looks to be the same with the 360. We should'nt see more quality titles till next christmas IMO.
Your exactly right.

I was talking to a friend about this the other night. Launch titles are never that good. I remember when PS1 came out. The only game I played on it was Madden '97, and that was because it was just terrible for the Genesis. The first Live for the PS2 was awful (BTW, I LOVE Live), the PS1 version was better.

I know I haven't used an array of examples, but I've always gotten the Next-Gen systems awhile after launch. The first two or three waves of games, well, suck.
JiggidyJames is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #14
MVP
 
stoncold32's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: Lack of Madden 360 Info, screens, etc. May Not Be EA's Fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggidyJames
Your exactly right.

I was talking to a friend about this the other night. Launch titles are never that good. I remember when PS1 came out. The only game I played on it was Madden '97, and that was because it was just terrible for the Genesis. The first Live for the PS2 was awful (BTW, I LOVE Live), the PS1 version was better.

I know I haven't used an array of examples, but I've always gotten the Next-Gen systems awhile after launch. The first two or three waves of games, well, suck.
If you recall Madden '97 was NOT a lauch title for PS1. The Madden '96 that was supposed to be on there got scrapped. NBA Live '96 was pretty much one of the first sports games out of the gate along with the first NFL Gameday(which was horribly overrated)
stoncold32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #15
All Star
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Queens, New York
Re: Lack of Madden 360 Info, screens, etc. May Not Be EA's Fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
If you recall Madden '97 was NOT a lauch title for PS1. The Madden '96 that was supposed to be on there got scrapped. NBA Live '96 was pretty much one of the first sports games out of the gate along with the first NFL Gameday(which was horribly overrated)
Yes, I do recall, you are correct. I now remember renting Gameday and hating it. I thought that I was the only one who thought it, along with every other incarnation, was unplayable.

But you still get my point...I hope.
JiggidyJames is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 PM.

Top -