Home

I hope, for the poor...that

This is a discussion on I hope, for the poor...that within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-04-2005, 03:00 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: I hope, for the poor...that

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoL2k
Where can you get a decent HDTV for $500?

The XBOX 360 is the last of my "Big Buys" for awhile ( I have my first kid due at the end of January)

The only hope I have is that my current TV (54inch Sony Projection) goes out, thenI can justify (To the wife) to get a new TV...

But after 8 years...my TV is holding up strong....
I didn't know you could get one so cheap... I got mine a couple of years ago (pre-baby ) for around 1600. It's not top of the line, but it's nice enough.

Congrats on the baby... Your life won't be the same... nor will your gaming... but it's all good.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:01 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well, I just put a 27" Sanyo on layaway at Walmart today. The total prce was around $550 with tax. It also has a HDTV tuner built in. I know this is not a top of the line model but I couldn't resist. Since they will be open at 12:00am on 11-22, I don't have to pre-order the 360 now.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:07 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_warhawk
i never said it was a decent HDTV. but wal mart has some around that range. that is where poor people will get them like me, in time anyways. becuse if a cheap HDTV's are 500 bucks i hate to see good ones
Not huge, but a great set nonetheless...for those that want hdtv but can't spend a fortune...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Samsu...oductDetail.do
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2005, 03:13 PM   #12
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
I didn't know you could get one so cheap... I got mine a couple of years ago (pre-baby ) for around 1600. It's not top of the line, but it's nice enough.

Congrats on the baby... Your life won't be the same... nor will your gaming... but it's all good.
Man you ain't ling I have a 7 month old and money and time to play games are hard to come by...I might have 1hour to play every 2 days because by the time we put the baby down and work I just want to go to sleep...and the fact that she gets up early...
Old 10-04-2005, 05:12 PM   #13
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Man you ain't ling I have a 7 month old and money and time to play games are hard to come by...I might have 1hour to play every 2 days because by the time we put the baby down and work I just want to go to sleep...and the fact that she gets up early...

dude, just wait until your seven month old gets a little older. I have a three and a half year old boy who just loves video games. everytime I want to play ncaa, madden, ghost recon, halo 2, or just about anything else, he wants to play. He's pretty damn good at halo 2 also. i'll pit my kid against anyone else's online about the same age and got money on him. he's been playing halo 2 since release daily and soldier of fortune II since he could climb into the chair. I mean the kid can click on the correct icon and get in an online game by himself. he even captures the flag from time to time. he has amazing hand eye coordination for his age. i should video him and show you guys sometime. it's quite a sight. anyway, yeah he's got my sleeping pattern also. i get no "quality" gaming in. You gotta love kids though. Congrats on whoever was expecting.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:40 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson
dude, just wait until your seven month old gets a little older. I have a three and a half year old boy who just loves video games. everytime I want to play ncaa, madden, ghost recon, halo 2, or just about anything else, he wants to play. He's pretty damn good at halo 2 also. i'll pit my kid against anyone else's online about the same age and got money on him. he's been playing halo 2 since release daily and soldier of fortune II since he could climb into the chair. I mean the kid can click on the correct icon and get in an online game by himself. he even captures the flag from time to time. he has amazing hand eye coordination for his age. i should video him and show you guys sometime. it's quite a sight. anyway, yeah he's got my sleeping pattern also. i get no "quality" gaming in. You gotta love kids though. Congrats on whoever was expecting.
Isnít that the truth. I would literally spend an entire weekend playing NCAA or Madden, or staying up into the wee hours of the morning on Xbox Live before my little ones. Now, Iím lucky to get two or three games a week. But Iím truly blessed to have them--and wouldn't trade my situation with anyone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »