Home

The 360 stadiums are awesome...but...

This is a discussion on The 360 stadiums are awesome...but... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2005, 10:52 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The 360 stadiums are awesome...but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
we just need DETAIL but towards the field of play, i mean they focused to much on the stadium IMO, don't get me wrong they look good, but i think they worked backwards, stadium, crowds, field, then players, then everything else, i am no programmer but anyone can obvious see what they are focusing on more, honestly imo the stadium doesn't have to be that detailed to the t, but instead focus more on gameplay and bring life to the sidelines b/c as much that goes on in a real f-ball game, takes place on the sideline, players arguing with each other after a bad play, someone working on an injury, players celebrating or talking with the coach about gameplans, idk, i would rather have that instead of a photorealistic stadium IMO
Next gen is a developing process...Not a one stop shopping for one year only...They put 2 years into the stadium details alone...Now whith that being said how much time do you think they will have to spend on stadiums next year?...Thats my point..Its impossible for them to perfect everything all at once...Your gonna have to be satisfied with watching the franchise grow into the next gen...Next year the ESPN contract kicks in so there will be a ton of Presentation issues to address along with gameplay and other animations and graphical upgrades.

Instead of complaining (not that you are) people need to be more cognizant of the big picture and offer more constructive criticism as opposeed to always trying to jump on that "I hate EA cause they smashed 2k" bandwagon. Cause guess what..Nobody cares anymore about who's feeling got hurt or what the unemployed ESPN2k5 programmers are doing.

next gen is a process not a fast food chain...Its gonna take time. Just look at EA's track record over the last year and a half...Some very solid games...IMO thats a sign of things to come and this is coming from someone who readily admits that EA got lazy and made some mistakes for a few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2005, 11:05 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
Next gen is a developing process...Not a one stop shopping for one year only...They put 2 years into the stadium details alone...Now whith that being said how much time do you think they will have to spend on stadiums next year?...Thats my point..Its impossible for them to perfect everything all at once...Your gonna have to be satisfied with watching the franchise grow into the next gen...Next year the ESPN contract kicks in so there will be a ton of Presentation issues to address along with gameplay and other animations and graphical upgrades.

Instead of complaining (not that you are) people need to be more cognizant of the big picture and offer more constructive criticism as opposeed to always trying to jump on that "I hate EA cause they smashed 2k" bandwagon. Cause guess what..Nobody cares anymore about who's feeling got hurt or what the unemployed ESPN2k5 programmers are doing.

next gen is a process not a fast food chain...Its gonna take time. Just look at EA's track record over the last year and a half...Some very solid games...IMO thats a sign of things to come and this is coming from someone who readily admits that EA got lazy and made some mistakes for a few years.
Co-sign........
Old 10-07-2005, 11:18 AM   #43
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

i understand what you are saying, and i hope for the best to happen, but from what i understand they seem to focus on the stadiums to much when iMO i don't think they have to, they may not be that detailed next year, who nows, but yeah i think people(myself included) expect so much this year b/c we all may want to see ea suceed and I just want to see more of this game come to life gameplay wise, b/c this past gen on the sidelines they are dead and thats what we as gamers want is to see more lifelike things to be involved in the game but then again no one knows what it will be like until nov. 22
Old 10-07-2005, 03:29 PM   #44
Rookie

If they didn’t focus on stadiums…then guess what the same consumate complaining, whining EA hatin bum would be crying that the stadium details are not up to par….The game looks excellent thus far and I think at some point we just have to wait and see the final product to judge what EA is or is not doing. I know for a fact that this version is about building a foundation for versions to come so my expectations are not overly lofty. I want great gameplay…We all know the graphics for next gen will be tight so I need gameplay, gameplay, gameplay.

Once the foundation is set then all the lil extras like grass etc can be addressed…But until then I’m feeling like just let EA do this game in a manner where they can build for the future…You gotta understand that the ESPN contract and all of the presentation that will be needed to match what 2k5 did will be a lofty task next year and with the stadiums being less of a focal point they will have more time for the extras and presentation. Hell..IMO we are even lucky to get a 2nd Madden this year with the release of the 360…I’m just happy for that.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:38 PM   #45
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
If they didn’t focus on stadiums…then guess what the same consumate complaining, whining EA hatin bum would be crying that the stadium details are not up to par….The game looks excellent thus far and I think at some point we just have to wait and see the final product to judge what EA is or is not doing. I know for a fact that this version is about building a foundation for versions to come so my expectations are not overly lofty. I want great gameplay…We all know the graphics for next gen will be tight so I need gameplay, gameplay, gameplay.

Once the foundation is set then all the lil extras like grass etc can be addressed…But until then I’m feeling like just let EA do this game in a manner where they can build for the future…You gotta understand that the ESPN contract and all of the presentation that will be needed to match what 2k5 did will be a lofty task next year and with the stadiums being less of a focal point they will have more time for the extras and presentation. Hell..IMO we are even lucky to get a 2nd Madden this year with the release of the 360…I’m just happy for that.
Quit defending EA dawg...This was bound to happen when they bought the rights to every football genre out there. All the other gamers would flood Madden forums and pick it apart if it doesnt meet their expectations.They put this pressure on themselves so its put up or shut up for alot of gamers. EA not concerned about people bashing their game. You know why? What other choice to they have? Its "buy our game or no football for you".. So why are you coming out and attacking folk who feel like they are being forced to play a game that is subpar? "EA hatin Bums" as you said....Mods take note of that....What does that make you if they are haters? Let people complain and voice there opinions becuz I will...believe that...Just buy your game and be happy & dont worry about anyone else..EA will never let you down no matter what...I'm just saying

Last edited by noplace; 10-07-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2005, 04:45 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 4

I say:

let those who love it and love to love it keep lovin' it...

and let the complainers complain...

... and ne'er shall the two meet... 'cause they don't need to.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:40 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Quit defending EA dawg...This was bound to happen when they bought the rights to every football genre out there. All the other gamers would flood Madden forums and pick it apart if it doesnt meet their expectations.They put this pressure on themselves so its put up or shut up for alot of gamers. EA not concerned about people bashing their game. You know why? What other choice to they have? Its "buy our game or no football for you".. So why are you coming out and attacking folk who feel like they are being forced to play a game that is subpar? "EA hatin Bums" as you said....Mods take note of that....What does that make you if they are haters? Let people complain and voice there opinions becuz I will...believe that...Just buy your game and be happy & dont worry about anyone else..EA will never let you down no matter what...I'm just saying
NO need to defend I'm just dropping common sense on ya..and there is no one being forced to play Madden...people can play 2k5, Blitz and a host of other football games if Madden is not their cup of tea.

The complaining is overboard tho and half the time it doesn't even make sense...Particularly coming from the consumate 2k5 fanboy who never liked Madden anyway...If I was a 2k5 fanboy...I'd play Madden or just keep my mouth shut if I couldn't offer constructive criticism.

Madden 2006 is an excellent game...Vision and precision is a excellent addition...EA has done some nice things over the last 18 months so to continually complain and nitpick everything they do or don't do is just useless and lame...The game is gonna be tight and I think that pretty much pisses alot of people off for some weird reason
Old 10-07-2005, 08:09 PM   #48
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
NO need to defend I'm just dropping common sense on ya..and there is no one being forced to play Madden...people can play 2k5, Blitz and a host of other football games if Madden is not their cup of tea.

The complaining is overboard tho and half the time it doesn't even make sense...Particularly coming from the consumate 2k5 fanboy who never liked Madden anyway...If I was a 2k5 fanboy...I'd play Madden or just keep my mouth shut if I couldn't offer constructive criticism.

Madden 2006 is an excellent game...Vision and precision is a excellent addition...EA has done some nice things over the last 18 months so to continually complain and nitpick everything they do or don't do is just useless and lame...The game is gonna be tight and I think that pretty much pisses alot of people off for some weird reason
All of what you said is your opinion, but how do you know what people have or have not played...I have both games & in my opinion Madden 06 sucks azz...But thats me... My opinion weighs nothing to those who like the game & vis versa... Most complain about madden because...uhhh they've played it and compare it to games that can no longer have a NFL license. But dont try and push your opinion of the game on everyone, its yours & not theirs...Do you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »