Home

The 360 stadiums are awesome...but...

This is a discussion on The 360 stadiums are awesome...but... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2005, 11:45 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 7
The 360 stadiums are awesome...but...

Did any of the programmers ask themselves:

Hey should we put a chain gang in?

Does the team area look a little sparse? No guys sitting on the benches?

Why no other coaches on the sidelines?

Why no other team personnel on the sidelines?

Why no people behind the endzones?

This isnt really a flame. I think the stadiums are next-gen...but even a mild fan would say the sideline could have used just a touch more attention considering how much detail they put into the stadiums.

Onto the positives: Great lighting, great accuracy, and the general look of an NFL game is there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2005, 11:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The 360 stadiums are awesome...but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver540i
Did any of the programmers ask themselves:

Hey should we put a chain gang in?

Does the team area look a little sparse? No guys sitting on the benches?

Why no other coaches on the sidelines?

Why no other team personnel on the sidelines?

Why no people behind the endzones?

This isnt really a flame. I think the stadiums are next-gen...but even a mild fan would say the sideline could have used just a touch more attention considering how much detail they put into the stadiums.

Onto the positives: Great lighting, great accuracy, and the general look of an NFL game is there.
Who knows, they've still got some time to work on it, and from what I've heard from a TeamXBOX article, the game on display at X05 isn't even the newest build, so maybe it's something they are adding, or maybe it's something that will hold off until 2007. We won't know until maybe a couple weeks before launch. This is Madden testing out an entirely new engine and system, so maybe it's something they weren't as concerned with for the first game.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:01 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHelix
Who knows, they've still got some time to work on it, and from what I've heard from a TeamXBOX article, the game on display at X05 isn't even the newest build, so maybe it's something they are adding, or maybe it's something that will hold off until 2007. We won't know until maybe a couple weeks before launch. This is Madden testing out an entirely new engine and system, so maybe it's something they weren't as concerned with for the first game.
I agree, did you see the pic of Dennis Green and the players in the backround on the sidelines, don't look so good, kinda of like current Madden. It looks like they aren't using the same models for bench players. The bench players aren't the real guys on the team, just some radom guys in the Cardinals Jerseys. I am not gonna make a big deal about this b/c the game is not done and its not the biggest deal in the world.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:09 AM   #4
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

yea the games not done yet. Im pretty sure they'll add to it.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 10-06-2005, 12:11 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

i dunno but im sorry, the 49ers jersey is off, i didnt know there were two kinds of the color red on their jerseys. any thoughts???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2005, 12:14 AM   #6
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

I would love if they could beef up those sidelines with more players, coaches, ball boys, etc. Also, I think it would be a great touch to include rowdy fans in the end zones like in the Black Hole, etc.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:34 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

big dog in Cleveland dog pound, terrible towels in Pittsburgh, Cheeseheads in Green Bay, etc.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:42 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 25

Guys have you not learned anything. EA will not take the time to actually do that stuff. Yes the stadiums look good but damn the sidelines are gay. That pic of Green and the Cardinal's sideline really dissapointed me. Thought it was a joke. #15 is freaking huge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »