Home

Hi Rez Raiders / Broncos gameplay(360) New four minute video

This is a discussion on Hi Rez Raiders / Broncos gameplay(360) New four minute video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2005, 12:02 PM   #49
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Hi Rez Raiders / Broncos gameplay(360) New four minute video

I just think the game is early. I mean they said they added a brand new animation server. I dont even think that has been implemented into the game yet. So I think we're still in for some suprises.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 10-08-2005, 12:02 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

well, considering that they rendered 3 times as many animations for next gen than they have for current gen I think that it woould be safe to say that animations are going to be the last thing this game is lacking. they obviously didn't have the game optimized yet in this video. all the major stuff is there so that the demo is playable but it is definetely not ging to be the final release. i am sure that they didnt want to spend tons of time building a demo for a 2 day event when they still have things to do on the actual game.

on another note did anyone else notice that option of selecting a receiver cam. i wonder what that will be. hopefully it will allow you to focus the camera on one receiver so you can see exactly when he breaks coverage or has some room to make a catch and then throw it to him. that is a sweet addition if thats what it is. screenshot of it below.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:07 PM   #51
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Direct download is at the bottom for those having problems with bittorent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2005, 12:16 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qdas
well, considering that they rendered 3 times as many animations for next gen than they have for current gen I think that it woould be safe to say that animations are going to be the last thing this game is lacking. they obviously didn't have the game optimized yet in this video. all the major stuff is there so that the demo is playable but it is definetely not ging to be the final release. i am sure that they didnt want to spend tons of time building a demo for a 2 day event when they still have things to do on the actual game.

on another note did anyone else notice that option of selecting a receiver cam. i wonder what that will be. hopefully it will allow you to focus the camera on one receiver so you can see exactly when he breaks coverage or has some room to make a catch and then throw it to him. that is a sweet addition if thats what it is. screenshot of it below.

Yeah, that receiver cam looks interesting. Maybe it is just like a PIP box on the bottom so you can watch the coverage more closely or something. Too bad the guy playing couldn't even get a pass off though!
Old 10-08-2005, 12:25 PM   #53
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

That "reciever cam" is nothing. That's the freakin coach cam option we've had for the past few years with a pop-up box telling you what to push to change primary recievers. Same exact thing we have on the current game, without needing a pop-up box for it.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:15 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 12

Great video, thank you for the link. I'm starting to get very hopeful and optimistic about Madden 360. It is looking pretty dam good imo but that is based on a 4 min video. Hopefully this is an earlier version of madden like you guys are saying and everything else we are hoping for is implented in the final version.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:19 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 21

After watching the video, I have a few concerns.

What I call the clone wars. You would think in a next gen game, that they would NOT have multiple players doing the SAME animation at the same time. I noticed that when the linebackers shifted pre-snap. They move in unison and animate exactly the same...like clones.

The whole atmosphere of the games gives off this "video game" vibe and not a "football game." I am sure the lack of sound help give off this effect in this instance, but the cutscenes, and overall presentation of the game contributes to it as well. When away from the field I should be made to feel like I am watching a game on TV. At the play calling screen I should be made to feel like I am on the sideline doing and seeing and hearing whatever a coach does, sees, hears. Going to the huddle, away from the huddle, after a tackle, TD, Big play, I should be one of the players.

They clearly did a good job on the eye candy, but it all comes out like processed cheese as a end result. Same ole stuff, just with better graphics.

Hopefully, there is more to the game when you actually play it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #56
Rookie

baden's Arena

I think the graphics look great....the animations not so much. This is suppose to be next generation...the tackles should be real time and ragdoll...i am dissappointed that they used the same as previous generation where a guy is being tackled and passes right through other players...you can see this at the 3:16 mark of the video.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »