Home

Madden 06 (360) = ESPN NFL 2k6?

This is a discussion on Madden 06 (360) = ESPN NFL 2k6? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2005, 12:10 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Madden 06 (360) = ESPN NFL 2k6?

God it looks exactly what ESPN NFL 2k6 wouldve been, but of course much better graphics considering it's Xbox 360. But what I mean by they look exactly like eachother is that Madden 360 has the exact gameplay style of the ESPN games. A lot of animations which are poorly pasted together, which was the exact problem of the ESPN games. The overall movement seems exactly like the ESPN NFL games. The player models look the same too (ESPN had the problem of too big of player models, which is what madden 360 looks like it has).

Anyone else see the striking similarities?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2005, 12:19 PM   #2
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden 06 (360) = ESPN NFL 2k6?

This thread might not go so well.

Anyways, i've heard some of the devs that worked on the 2K series is now working for Tiburon on Madden, so maybe they had an influence on the direction of Madden.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

It certainly does look like a 2k game. However, I disagree with the players being to big. I thought 2k had there models down to a Tee. This game does not play like Madden for sure from that VID. The juke the spin all looked str8 out of 2k. I gues it is the best of both worlds now.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:38 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

I've been a Madden fan all my life, and I dont know, it just looks too ESPN NFLish. I just finished watching the 4 minute gameplay video of the Raiders vs Broncos, and the graphics look great, but the gameplay just looks "meh".
Old 10-08-2005, 12:42 PM   #5
Rookie

I think it looks good. If you are refering to the choppy play. I do not consider that game play. If you are talikng about the fluidness of the game, it is not there yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2005, 01:02 PM   #6
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

2k did not have good player models in the nfl game. You could not differenciaate a kickers body, from a linebackers body.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 10-08-2005, 01:03 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

The graphics look good so far, but the animations are not as fluid as they should be on next-gen, imo.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:11 PM   #8
Rookie

There are like, 0 transition animations. Look at the video a few times. You'll see that every player moves oddly. Look at the QB drop back...strange. Look at the running backs out of their stance. Most importantly, look at the running. They're running like the nfl 2k3 players. Herky jerky. They way they turn around is extremely robotic. EA has to be nervous with only a few weeks of dev time left. I know I am. I WANT a football game with my 360 when I purchase it, I just won't buy one that looks like this.

37" Westinghouse Digital LCD
360 Core System w/add-on HD, component cables
Gateway Media Center PC (for media sharing)
GRAW
PGR3
Fight Night Round 3
2 Wireless Controllers
360 Universal Remote

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »