Home

Bought A HDTV, HELP!!!

This is a discussion on Bought A HDTV, HELP!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 02:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Madden HDTV HELP!!!

Ok, I bought a TV the other day thats HDTV. I tried to play Madden 06 but it seem to have a shadow or a fade next to the players on the field. I heard I have to buy some cables that are for the xbox that is HDTV or something. Can anyone help me out by putting some links of the things I need for the image to show up better. Thanks

Also I hear some numbers like 480p,,480i,720p,1280 something like those numbers. How would I figure what my TV is.

Here are some of the specs of my tv that I found on the net.
http://hardware.gamespot.com/Hitachi...0-2464-S-10-11

Last edited by Eyecrazy2; 10-08-2005 at 03:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2005, 03:20 PM   #2
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Bought A HDTV, HELP!!!

First off, that is an awesome TV, can't go wrong with the Ultravision. You need this, http://www.xbox.com/en-us/hardware/h...tionavpack.htm
Old 10-08-2005, 03:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
First off, that is an awesome TV, can't go wrong with the Ultravision. You need this, http://www.xbox.com/en-us/hardware/h...tionavpack.htm

Thanks man Yea the TV was around $2,300 after everything. I got a hell of a good deal.

So, with that HDAV pack I just use my cables like red,white,yellow that came with the xbox? Also I have inputs on the back of the TV that has Green for HD cables or something. Which Inputs do I use?
Old 10-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyecrazy2
Thanks man Yea the TV was around $2,300 after everything. I got a hell of a good deal.

So, with that HDAV pack I just use my cables like red,white,yellow that came with the xbox? Also I have inputs on the back of the TV that has Green for HD cables or something. Which Inputs do I use?
You will use the cables you buy that come in the Xbox HD AV pack.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:10 PM   #5

OVR: 34

Quote:

I use COMPONENT Video cables made by Monster. I bought them at Circuit City. Component offers the best connection (In comparison to composite, S-Video). Here's a link to the cables http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1528

Don't use the HDAV pack. If you can get the above Monster cables, go with that. The red, blue, green jacks you see are for Component Video.

Best wishes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Thanks guys, I think i'm going with the $20 ones and see if they help it out any. Also, If this is not much to ask from the link that I provided could you figure out if my TV is 480i,480p,720p ect.... I have no idea what the hell those numbers mean b/c i'm fairly new to this new technology.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:57 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Thanks guys, I think i'm going with the $20 ones and see if they help it out any. Also, If this is not much to ask from the link that I provided could you figure out if my TV is 480i,480p,720p ect.... I have no idea what the hell those numbers mean b/c i'm fairly new to this new technology.
480i is regular TV. 480p is the same resolution as 480i, but it is in progressive scan, which makes it look better. A lot of Xbox games are 480p (See back of game package.) 480p is also what progresive scan DVD players will play your DVD's in. Its not really HD though. 720p is higher resolution and progressive scan. This is HD. Most HD brodcasts are in 720P. 1080i is also HD and has higher resolution that 720p, but is not progressive scan. Niether 720p or 1080i is really better than the other one. There is also 1080p, which is the holgrail of HD, and is only aviable to the rich and famous ($$$).

Your TV supports 480i, 480p, and it may support 720p and 1080i or one of them. Som your TV may have 720p and not 1080i, or 1080i and not 720p, or it could have both. You can still watch HD it the one you don't have, your TV will convert the signal to the one that you have. You don't have 1080p. THose TV's cost over 10 grand
Old 10-08-2005, 08:11 PM   #8
Rookie

Ok, I went out and bought the AV pack and enabled the settings but the image still seems blurry.

Anyother tips/
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »