Home

agree or disagree?...**long read**

This is a discussion on agree or disagree?...**long read** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2005, 02:17 PM   #33
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: agree or disagree?...**long read**

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
This guy is far from a 2k Fan boy & is more dedicated to Madden then anyone at OS..
Agreed. SM27 of all people is certainly not a 2k fanboy. SM27 has put more effort and energy in to Madden than anyone I have ever come across.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:24 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm27
Tiburon and EA and any other hoplessly blind fanboys of the Gaming industries version of the Bush administration can kiss my Irish *** because They aren't getting another dime of my money. This won't be the last you hear of me. I intend on bringing this to the public light. Do you Think 60 minutes would be interested around Superbowl Week?....Let me see....Multimillion dollar Corporation+False advertizing+the National Football League?...Yeah I think Mike Wallace might take notice.....At least Andy Rooney..LOL
Incrediously,
Steve McGuire, (Sm27)
Sounds like with the ‘fanboys’ remark that this topic isn’t just about EA’s questionable business practices.

I agree that EA milks the gaming community for every cent they can get, but if people are dumb enough to purchase ‘Road to the World Cup’ and then nine months later go out and pick up ‘World Cup XX’ then I think we might have to lay most of that blame on the NITWIT GAMER

No controversy here. Move along… nothing to see. You think and worry too much about video games, Steve
Old 10-09-2005, 07:15 PM   #35
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
and you are basing this all on videos of an unfinished game. I can't help but laugh everytime someone claims that they are telling lies and not using a new engine. Not sure who I should believe. The people that are actually making the game, or some guy claiming its not a new engine based on a video clip.
My contention is not based on a "Video Clip".
It is based on:
A: Reviews, "Sliding into position"
B: EA's track record of Honesty vs Hype
C: The sources of Pre Release Reviews and the vested interest they all have not to piss of EA/Tiburon and be cut out of the loop.
D: The fact that a core "tell" of the engine being used is the same core "Tell" as to the Animation triggering protocol in the current engine.

As far as being laughed at, Have a good one on me. I don't expect to be winning any popularity contests in the near future, nor do I give a crap about being "Popular and well liked". I expect reactions like yours and respect and applaud you in being skeptical about me as well as EA....You should be. My point is that you shouldn't believe the hype, and you should remember that it is extremely tough for a Leopard to change his spots. If we have always had the Problems with Tiburon/EA that we have had, why do you think that in an era of no competition in the Video Football Sim Industry for sales OR Market share, that EA would suddenly put their best foot forward?

I think that graphicly the game looks absolutely Gorgeous. Although we have always wanted Player models, Stadiums, and other graphic representations to look better. I would take the "Cartoon Player Faces" we have now and no weather effects if it would mean a 400% increase in Gameplay AI and Animations to DISPLAY that AI. I would pay $100 dollars for a game that REALISTIC GAMEPLAY was the number one issue. Hell, It wouldn't even have to be endorsed by the NFL as long as I could edit players, teams, and stadiums to reflect the NFL on my own. With me it is all about the gameplay being realistic first and foremost. All of this other stuff is just fluff if that is DRASTICLY improved. They have made 2006 damn near unplayable...why do you think that is?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2005, 07:21 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
It is based on:
C: The sources of Pre Release Reviews and the vested interest they all have not to piss of EA/Tiburon and be cut out of the loop.
D: The fact that a core "tell" of the engine being used is the same core "Tell" as to the Animation triggering protocol in the current engine.

As far as being laughed at, Have a good one on me. I don't expect to be winning any popularity contests in the near future, nor do I give a crap about being "Popular and well liked". I expect reactions like yours and respect and applaud you in being skeptical about me as well as EA....You should be. My point is that you shouldn't believe the hype, and you should remember that it is extremely tough for a Leopard to change his spots. If we have always had the Problems with Tiburon/EA that we have had, why do you think that in an era of no competition in the Video Football Sim Industry for sales OR Market share, that EA would suddenly put their best foot forward?

I think that graphicly the game looks absolutely Gorgeous. Although we have always wanted Player models, Stadiums, and other graphic representations to look better. I would take the "Cartoon Player Faces" we have now and no weather effects if it would mean a 400% increase in Gameplay AI and Animations to DISPLAY that AI. I would pay $100 dollars for a game that REALISTIC GAMEPLAY was the number one issue. Hell, It wouldn't even have to be endorsed by the NFL as long as I could edit players, teams, and stadiums to reflect the NFL on my own. With me it is all about the gameplay being realistic first and foremost. All of this other stuff is just fluff if that is DRASTICLY improved. They have made 2006 damn near unplayable...why do you think that is?

EA should be talented enough to do both..Great gameplay & great graphics.. The 360 can handle it.. But is EA up for the task? Especially since they are the only NFL game in town.

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 10-09-2005, 07:38 PM   #37
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
I stopped reading after that part. Who ever that is needs to get outside more often.
cosign ..i couldnt stop laughing after reading that part
Old 10-09-2005, 08:05 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezeframe
Agreed with poster. This so called Next Gen Xbox is nothing special then what we have seen already from the cyurrent set of PCs, The jump from Xbox 1 to Xbox 2 is not gonna be like the jump we had from the Ps1 to Ps2. Not even close
Are you sure you want to make that assumption? You truly believe that? I find it kinda hard to swallow, considering the 360 is more than 2 times the power of the current Xbox. When you look at sheer specs and hardware the jump from PS1 to PS2 was great but not nearly as great as the jump that the 360 is taking compared to the current Xbox. Go and look at the specs and hardware, then come holla at me about that point of view. I'm not knocking you bro, I'm just saying that it seems you have not done much research on the subject.
"I believe everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad, I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart , I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heavan"

~Tupac Amaru Shakur~
Old 10-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
It is based on:

so 2006 is unplayable ?? Mine plays a fine game of football. Of course I don't go out of my way to look for problems. I'm sure you over analyze every aspect of the game. I'm thinking that there will never be a game you like. Believe it or not, people that analyze the game and look for things wrong are in the minority. There are some of us who play games for fun and think the current games are pretty realistic. I'm sure EA won't miss your $$$ since you are not buying the game.......... yet you are still analyzing video clips.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:36 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 10

Here is the thing, first of all EVERYTHING he said is TRUE. Now being that it was SM27 saying it I know it is not just another "fanboy" b1tching. This guy is mister fix it madden at the Maddennation boards so this is a DIE HARD madden fan who has seen the light. Welcome to the dark side of the force my friend. The sad part about it is this is ONE person who used to blindly follow Madden now we need to get the other xmillion to realize what SM27 did then we might get the ONLY NFL game we SHOULD get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »