Home

Madden 360 Create a Player: Gone?

This is a discussion on Madden 360 Create a Player: Gone? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2005, 07:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Madden 360 Create a Player: Gone?

The "rumor" that CAP in Madden 360 has been removed is further supported by an IGN editorialist:

"Seriously, what's the deal the NBA Live 06's single season mode and where are Madden's create a player options?"

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/657/657118p2.html
^bottom paragraph

This a bit disappointing because player editing will be gone as well. Since player editing and create a player are comprised around the same capabilites (body part sizes, uniform accessories), how would you be able to edit the look of drafted rookies? I don't understand how a staple feature from years' past could suddenly be eliminated. From a programming standpoint, all you would need are a few generic faces and the ability to edit body specifics and accessories. In previous Maddens', I have created a few players (based on next year's projected college stars) and manually signed them onto various teams. It'll be sad to see CAP go.

Last edited by nospin; 10-09-2005 at 07:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2005, 07:28 PM   #2
Rookie

Chubz's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 360 Create a Player: Gone?

Sadly, it seems to be true.... just look at the menu in the latest DivX video:

Play game - Nope, this is just like Quick Game. Create a player would DEFINETELY not be found here.

Franchise - Basically season mode. Create a player obviously wouldn't fit into this category, either.

Online - Name alone speaks for itself. No need to explain.

My Madden - The only sub-menu that Create-a-player could possibly exist under. After playing several of the previous Madden games, though, I'd say the only options under here would include game options, settings, etc. etc. I am just about for sure that create-a-player wouldn't be here either.

EA Sports Extras - The only things here would probably be game credits, cinematics, special videos, etc. Wouldn't be here, either.

So if this is indeed the final menu of the final game, then nah, I doubt we'll see create-a-player, create-a-team, or anything of that matter. Thanks a bunch, EA!
Old 10-09-2005, 07:30 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospin
This a bit disappointing because player editing will be gone as well.
If true, it just follows what they've done for years: omit or remove features, only to put them back in in some other edition as "NEW FEATURES!!" They're a business, and that's a marketing tactic. If you're disappointed, then you can't have been playing EA games for very long
Old 10-09-2005, 07:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

i could care less about create a player because all i want to do is play a franchise and play online!
Old 10-09-2005, 08:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearsp2007
i could care less about create a player because all i want to do is play a franchise and play online!
That's fine, but create a player or editing players does add another degree of replayability and entertainment to the franchise as well.

I've altered the look of almost all my drafted players and current players in Madden franchise. Does your rookie free safety look a bit skinny? Add some more muscle mass to his arms and legs. Don't like the look of longsleeves or the 3-bar facemask? Replace the armsleeves with taped wrists and the facemask with a 3-bar rb bull version w/ a black visor. To top it off, add on a neckroll for intimidation purposes. The end result is a player that you are satisfied with for seasons to come. Now that's fun.

Last edited by nospin; 10-09-2005 at 08:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2005, 08:27 PM   #6
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

I edit pretty much every rookie I draft so they look a little better while on the field.

Also, without the player editor, how are we going edit Vick so he doesn't look tubby?
Old 10-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #7
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
I edit pretty much every rookie I draft so they look a little better while on the field.

Also, without the player editor, how are we going edit Vick so he doesn't look tubby?
Did Randy Moss look "tubby" in the video? I don't think Vick will either. I can't imagine EA not putting in create-a-player since it's been there since I can remember. I don't think that EA has a game that doesn't have it. Just because EGM says something, I don't necessarily believe it. It could be true, but I would like a more reputable source with a newer build.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 32

Something has to be missing from that menu. I could see them taking out create-a-player and player editting, but even something like setting your depth chart is gone?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »