Home

Old 10-10-2005, 05:27 PM   #81
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: New MADDEN VIDEO MFERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
You are right my man dude...seldom do RBs just run straight on any play..they have to speed up..slow down, hurdle, juke, cut spin, lower shoulders, drive their legs...this isnt a track meet where everyone just runs straight..this is a football game which warrants many more animations then we are seeing now.
The reason you aren't seeing more animations is because we have seen less than 10 total plays. Do you expect to see hundreds of new animations in less than 5 minutes of on-field, in-game gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2005, 05:30 PM   #82
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26

The tackle on Thomas Jones looked horrible.

I'm sorry to say but the direction they seem to be going in does not please me. I know this is an early build and all but it just looks metiocre at best.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:30 PM   #83
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
oops! Your are correct. I can't confirm a damn thing. But, with both eyes I can see the defenders are all reacting in the same manner/animation (vid #1). This lends me to believe gang tackling will be out of the picture.

As I stated, it appears to be a larger player modules of the current gen madden. The game play and animations also appears to be the same.
Again, what do you expect to see from the defenders? It's a wide open, sweep toss to one side of the field, or course all of the defenders are going to play the ball. Did you expect to see Zach Thomas run around in circles on the 50 yard line? Were you expecting Jason Taylor to go try and tackle Torry Holt? I'm no expert, but I believe that in every single current generation football game, if you run a wide open pitch out, most or all of the CPU controlled defenders will chase after the guy with the ball. That's the object of the game, to tackle that guy, you know.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:41 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
Again, what do you expect to see from the defenders? It's a wide open, sweep toss to one side of the field, or course all of the defenders are going to play the ball. Did you expect to see Zach Thomas run around in circles on the 50 yard line? Were you expecting Jason Taylor to go try and tackle Torry Holt? I'm no expert, but I believe that in every single current generation football game, if you run a wide open pitch out, most or all of the CPU controlled defenders will chase after the guy with the ball. That's the object of the game, to tackle that guy, you know.
Whats wrong with this dude. Man..these plays it seems like there is one guy with the ball and every defender is blocked exept for the guy who makes the tackle. just looks weird dude.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:43 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 3

Animations look horrible, graphics look nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2005, 05:44 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
The reason you aren't seeing more animations is because we have seen less than 10 total plays. Do you expect to see hundreds of new animations in less than 5 minutes of on-field, in-game gameplay?
The number of animations is not of primary concern here, but rather the quality and fluidity of the animations seems to be lacking. For example, where is the sense of acceleration? Players, especially on kick-offs, seem to start off running at full speed, with changes in direction having a null effect. When the QB drops back, he doesn't plant his feet (like what happens in current-gen Madden). Blockers, when engaged with defenders, slide all over the field like on a skating-rink.

If EA re-released these videos to show a more honest display of the game in progress, we are in deep trouble in regards to having our complaints addressed.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:44 PM   #87
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

EA shouldn't be releasing low quality videos. If they want to impress release HD videos.

I wasn't too impressed with the videos. Although I have to admit the stadiums look hot!!
Old 10-10-2005, 05:47 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
Whats wrong with this dude. Man..these plays it seems like there is one guy with the ball and every defender is blocked exept for the guy who makes the tackle. just looks weird dude.

Thanks Man! I thought I was the only one thinking my man was a little off with his observation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »