Home

Overlooked hands on of Madden 360 by Game Informer

This is a discussion on Overlooked hands on of Madden 360 by Game Informer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2005, 02:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Overlooked hands on of Madden 360 by Game Informer

Found this in the X05 recap story by Game Informer outlining what many wanted to know, did know or didn't know about Madden on the 360.

The big info really is that GI called it EA's shining gem on the 360.

"Next Generation Electronic Arts: One Shining Gem

Electronic Arts had five titles playable for the system that will be available at launch as well, but only two of them stood out – Madden NFL 06 and FIFA Soccer 06: Road To The 2006 World Cup. Madden was the highlight, and out of all the ports of current generation games coming to Xbox 360, Tiburon is actually trying to do different things with the Xbox 360 version instead of making a generic direct port.

The Xbox 360 version doesn’t have everything that the current console version has, as Tiburon is building Madden NFL 06 from the ground up for Xbox 360. Making it to the Xbox 360 version of Madden is the 30-year-franchise, precision passing, QB Vision, truck stick, playmakers, Xbox Live online play, and pro-bowl. Not included are any of the mini-games, the mini-camp mode, create-a-player, create-a-team, create-a-play, stadiums, and the Super Star mode.

The version on the floor was still rather early and had some jerky animations and presentation issues, but the game looked commendable. However, even though EA and Tiburon boasted that the final version of the game would look better than the commercial that ran during the NFL Draft, visually it doesn’t quite stack up. Player models and facial details looked solid, and from the sweat beading up on the players arms, to the cloth on the jerseys, next generation football is shaping up nicely. But at the end of the day, the game looks less spectacular than we were lead to believe.

While not what was promised, Madden on 360 still looks sharp

Tiburon is taking John Madden and Al Michaels out of the play-by-play role, and instead using more of an on-the-field approach. A radio-style broadcast replaces the commentary, and you’ll hear much more trash talk from the field. Replays will come from camera work moving from the field to the scoreboard to catch the last play. When a player is injured, the camera will pan to the injured player and a diagram of the exact injury will be displayed showing how your player was damaged.

Gameplay-wise, the overall feel of playing feels the same. However, Tiburon has tweaked the play calling, and while you can choose plays as you would normally, you have the option to pick from either running or passing plays, and their derivatives. While I would consider myself a veteran of the series, this actually made my play calling quicker."

LINK=

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Sto...1906.32390.htm

Last edited by NCHelix; 10-11-2005 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Added link to story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2005, 02:19 AM   #2
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Overlooked hands on of Madden 360 by Game Informer

Quote:
Madden was the highlight, and out of all the ports of current generation games coming to Xbox 360, Tiburon is actually trying to do different things with the Xbox 360 version instead of making a generic direct port.
While that gives me reason for hope...

Quote:
Gameplay-wise, the overall feel of playing feels the same.
this doesn't.

For people who enjoy Madden's gameplay as its currently presented. This should be great news to you. For me, i've always wanted a little more in terms of gameplay.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:51 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm okay with Maddens gameplay. What I wish they would work on is the presentation. It really adds to the replay value.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:01 AM   #4
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
I'm okay with Maddens gameplay. What I wish they would work on is the presentation. It really adds to the replay value.
Co Sign on the presentation. Give us actual broadcast angles on replays and post play and pre play cameras, I'll be happy.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 10-11-2005, 10:02 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

I don't want the SAME gameplay from Current Gen...

Why give us better play models,stadiums,weather

BUT NOT BETTER GAMEPLAY,INTERACTION,ANIMATIONS????????????

come on now....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2005, 10:05 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
I don't want the SAME gameplay from Current Gen...

Why give us better play models,stadiums,weather

BUT NOT BETTER GAMEPLAY,INTERACTION,ANIMATIONS????????????

come on now....
I agree, deejay. I guess those of us who have thought the Madden engine was stale for 3-4 years now will have no chance of liking the game, if this is true. And we know from experience that EA doesn't change engines after it makes its way to a new console, so I guess this is the engine we're stuck with for the next 3-5 years. That sucks.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
I am ok with gameplay also but EA could do more.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:10 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

People just don't like change man...

Thats the way it is.

Thing is..I loved Madden 2006 gameplay on PS2 but I know with Next Gen it could be better.Now why in most of these videos the gameplay seem weaker than current GEN?
EA claims they are building from the ground up but I don't see anything besides graphics to make that statement true. I guess EA doesn't like change.

Im going to be the first guy to tell you I love Madden 2006 on PS2 but there is no excuse for the lack of gameplay faults we've seen for the 360.

Last edited by deejay8595; 10-11-2005 at 10:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »