Home

Updated impressions from IGN, just posted

This is a discussion on Updated impressions from IGN, just posted within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2005, 01:47 PM   #49
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Updated impressions from IGN, just posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkOwnsAll
Are his points valid? Of course they are. Madden should have some of those things. The problem I had with the post, was comparing it to 2k5. If it's such a perfect game, then play it.

I mean, if I've got the perfect woman, let's say, Eva Longoria...does it matter to me what the next woman has or doesn't have? Of course not, because it's Eva-freakin' Longoria.

If 2k5 is your Eva, then go to bed with her, and leave the ditzy blonde known as Madden alone.
thank you, honestly thank you, why 2k5 comes up is beyond me, but eva...whew tony parker better watch out
Old 10-12-2005, 02:32 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Are his points valid? Of course they are. Madden should have some of those things. The problem I had with the post, was comparing it to 2k5. If it's such a perfect game, then play it.

I mean, if I've got the perfect woman, let's say, Eva Longoria...does it matter to me what the next woman has or doesn't have? Of course not, because it's Eva-freakin' Longoria.

If 2k5 is your Eva, then go to bed with her, and leave the ditzy blonde known as Madden alone.
Yea but eventually even Eva and Anjolina Jolie will get old and stale! And as a Man we are always looking for the next best thing that is if you have Testorone in your system????
I never said 2k is the perfect game I just listed what a rival had for many,many years now,So dont give me that go play 2k5 garbage this is the year 2006 if Im not mistaken and online features and play are what 99% of games are all about now especially the next gen ones.
At this point in time it absolutly makes no sense for online play to go backwards as I stated.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #51
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

though i hate seeing threads turn into a 2k vs madden war, he's got valid points here. you can call 2k "Game X" if you want b/c it's not a praise of Game X but an eyebrow raise to madden. The thing is they usually say they don't do things b/c they can't be done and in this case it's been proven that they can be... on current gen. but take Game X out of the equation completely and I'd still ask, why is it that EA thinks there's no need to expand on online gaming... especially considering how little they had to begin with in comparison to ANYTHING (even Fever had leagues)?

You can love everything about Madden and hate everything about 2k5 but there's still no excuse for Madden not having some of the things listed since it's obvious it is possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2005, 02:48 PM   #52
Rookie

DirkOwnsAll's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dguru
Yea but eventually even Eva and Anjolina Jolie will get old and stale! And as a Man we are always looking for the next best thing that is if you have Testorone in your system????
Well, I have testosterone...not sure what it is you're speaking of, mangina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dguru
give me that go play 2k5 garbage this is the year 2006 if Im not mistaken
Actually, you are mistaken. It's 2005, but that's besides the point.

Like I said (in a nice way, before it got juvenile) I *AGREE* with what you are saying. Madden DOES need some of the features you mentioned. However, what does it matter what 2k has and doesn't have?

You were the one who made the direct comparisons, and I for one, am overwhelmed with the negativity this board is showing as of late. Most of the complaints are warranted, however, comparing a non-finished game to something that's been played and updated for almost two years isn't exactly giving it a fair shake.

If you have complaints, fine, it's your right to complain about whatever your little heart desires. That being said, there's simply no reason to bring 2k into it. It boils down to: if you like it, play it...if you don't...then leave it alone.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:06 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

As a person who games mainly online, for EA to not have the Online capabilities of the former competition is totally mind-boggling..

People can say whatever they want, but when it came to Online Play the former competition had it going-on.

Please remember what some of the reason are that people purchase products. Some aspects are just more important to them then others.

I would strongly suggest EA get with the program. Simply because Microsoft is touting the 360 in a way that XBL will be an essential element of your gaming experience. Everything you do & need to game will have some sort of XBL piece to it.

If you haven't gamed online, I suggest you give it a chance. It is a gr-8 experience & sometimes you meet some cool people.

EX: I am involved in a league thru the former competition. I'st a league that all of it's owners have been in for over a year & have gone thru 3 full seasons(24 teams) Recently the commishner had to evacute his residence in Beaumont Texas due to Hurricane Rita.

He just got back to find his place need some repairs, but basically intact. He's been away from his home for 3 weeks. He has alot of stuff to take of, not mentioning he has a family.

We got together & made a descion to get him a 360 as a showing of our appreciation for being such a gr-8 commishner during the last 3 seasons.

Now some of you may say (I don't give a $#!T about your example) That's fine, I'm just pointing out what XBL & being able to communicate via a League Page provided by the former competiton via their XBL functionality has done for a group of people who basically don't know each other from a hole-in-da-wall..

BFJ

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 10-12-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:14 PM   #54
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
If you have complaints, fine, it's your right to complain about whatever your little heart desires. That being said, there's simply no reason to bring 2k into it. It boils down to: if you like it, play it...if you don't...then leave it alone.
It's interesting that some people take the discussions as outright negativity. You're going to have people at the extremes of course, because there are a few people singing "Don't worry be happy" ("it's an alpha build!") and you have a few proclaiming nothing but doom. Most people are in the middle though IMO. I don't think people are making final judgments - you have to admit that this is REALLY late for the game to be in this state though. To me there's a difference between voicing a complaint and voicing a concern.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:23 PM   #55
Rookie

DirkOwnsAll's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
It's interesting that some people take the discussions as outright negativity. You're going to have people at the extremes of course, because there are a few people singing "Don't worry be happy" ("it's an alpha build!") and you have a few proclaiming nothing but doom. Most people are in the middle though IMO. I don't think people are making final judgments - you have to admit that this is REALLY late for the game to be in this state though. To me there's a difference between voicing a complaint and voicing a concern.
Touche...Personally...I'm in the middle. This game, without a doubt, will have it's plusses and minuses. It just seems like the majority are leaning to one extreme or the other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2005, 04:56 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:

Actually, you are mistaken. It's 2005, but that's besides the point.

Like I said (in a nice way, before it got juvenile) I *AGREE* with what you are saying. Madden DOES need some of the features you mentioned. However, what does it matter what 2k has and doesn't have?

Hehehehe your right about it being 2005 I was trying to refer to the game year.
I wasnt trying to make a war just comparing features (not a gameplay thread for once) and find it absurd if madden360 ends up with the same or less online features than madden06 or that other game that will now be almost 2yrs old when it comes out.

But think of this for 1 sec some of us mostly play online "me", what if you offline guys didnt have bad weather, season stats, the ability to challange a bad call or watch a replay of an exciting play especially if you had those options for the last 5 yrs and now there gone?
Can you imagin this message board then, smoke would be coming out of your computers you guys would be typing so fast...........

Last edited by dguru; 10-12-2005 at 06:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »