Home

Looks like EA has P.O'd the gaming community.

This is a discussion on Looks like EA has P.O'd the gaming community. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Looks like EA has P.O'd the gaming community.

Every year there is the pre game hype, scrutiny and debate of the next series of video game football..but this year is different. I have never seen such stunning football graphics..EVER..but have also never seen so much stomping on EA. Now..what we have seen so far as far as screen shots and vids are worthy of criticism..the game so far does leave some concerns..but im not talking about that. Im talking about an underlying distrust or discontent with EA.

I think by EA in effect killing VC and the 2k series they made a martyr of them. There is nothing you can see side by side with Madden 360 and say hands down..Madden is better. It appears that it is almost worse for EA to not have 2k right now. I see people comparing Madden 360 to what 2k6 couldve been yet we have no idea if VC couldve really done a better job. Or..I see people comparing Madden 360 graphics to NBA 2k6 graphics..HELLO..only 10 people on the court compared to 22 on a football field. So, EA got their monopoly but they also have a lot of unhappy gamers..the only way to erase VC in the minds of gamers FOREVER is to produce the ultimate football game. Graphically I have no complaints. The players look great up close. the stadiums are absolutely beautiful..even the individual fans move.

The concerns are with the animations, tackles, runs and the choice to go with in stadium on the field presentation v. tv style presentation..no one seems to like that.

Adding to the problem. EA has a perception to be just plain lazy. Content..minor changes and sell. VC..though the little guy were always pushing the envelope..some of their stuff was stupid like the crib or FPS football..but at least they were really trying to bring it to the next level. They never had the running animation down..remember that before you praise VC completely..but their tackling was beautiful and one thing you see on nearly every play in a football game...is a tackle...oh. and their blocking animations were beautiful too...

Last edited by BOOKOO; 10-11-2005 at 11:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2005, 12:31 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Looks like EA has P.O'd the gaming community.

2k vs madden..you won't win...

All Madden needs is animations and im cool
Old 10-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595

Nope sure can't win. Actually, I'd rather they move to a different physics engine.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595

Exactly. What madden needs is another game out there that is visibly inferior to what we have seen so far..that would solidify it as the best game.

Better blocking scheme and tackling and running animations and Im cool..has anyone seen a catching animation in motion?
Old 10-11-2005, 12:38 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
Exactly. What madden needs is another game out there that is visibly inferior to what we have seen so far..that would solidify it as the best game.

No..what EA needs is to get better programmers who can code in the things "US" gamers are looking for. They should also watch more football because what they see on T.V SHOULD BE IN THE GAME.

Next time I load Madden I should see myself..

"Hi my name is Darren Jordan..E-A SPORTS...GREAT ANIMATIONS,PLAYER INTERACTION,REALISTIC TACKLES ITSNOTINDAGAME..WOOOHOOO"
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »