Home

PSP Madden Shutdown

This is a discussion on PSP Madden Shutdown within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2005, 09:11 PM   #1
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
PSP Madden Shutdown

I think I about have had it with the PSP. We went through the summer with only a few games being released and then the fall comes where titans like Madden, LIVE, GTA amongst a few more games are supposed to bring life to the system.

I have been enjoying Madden since the day that I picked it up. All of a sudden the system shutdown's start occuring and lock ups. I can't only blame EA for problems like this with PSP games since there are companies that didn't optimize their games right. From the long load times to lockups and now system shutdowns, I about had it with my PSP.

I went and traded the system today at EB to put towards my XBOX360 prepay. I was able to trade in my 2 games in which they gave me an extra 25% for each game. I thought that Madden on here was excellent, but after all these problems I have given up. I may reconsider a PSP in a year or two when the kinks have been worked out and there are more games than movies. It is a shame because Madden was a good game.

I may regret trading the system in, but I guess I about had it. Anyone else feel the same about the PSP and the problems with Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #2
Rookie

Davel23's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: PSP Madden Shutdown

I've had it with the games but I love the system. I guess cause I use it more for the other features other than gaming.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:25 PM   #3
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davel23
I've had it with the games but I love the system. I guess cause I use it more for the other features other than gaming.
I was using the system as an mp3 player at first + gaming but then I bought an IPOD. I'm just disappointed by the quality of games (not quantity). It's upsetting how poorly games are optimized on this system. Developers are trying to cram full PS2 games on this system from the get go instead of starting small and working their way up. I think only 989 studios with MLB Baseball has been able to get their one game running on here w/out major issues.

I hoped that I don't get slammed here because I feel this way.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:28 PM   #4
MVP

Kodiak33's Arena

OVR: 8

How much did you get on your trade in towards the 360? I'm considering doing the same since I don't use it for much and I may buy a tablet pc for video on the go. Its too much of a hassle to watch movies on it, and I'm not paying 20 bucks for a UMD movie.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:43 PM   #5
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak33
How much did you get on your trade in towards the 360? I'm considering doing the same since I don't use it for much and I may buy a tablet pc for video on the go. Its too much of a hassle to watch movies on it, and I'm not paying 20 bucks for a UMD movie.
EB gave me $155 for the system.

Madden06 was $31.50 and Lumines was $22.00 trade in. I also traded in a few accessories which I ended up getting a total of $220.00. I can't complain because when I bought the PSP for $250, I had sold Spiderman UMD for $30 and 32 mb card for $30 on ebay bringing down the price by $60.

I was looking on ebay to see how much the 256 MB mem card is going for, but people aren't paying much for them. So EB quoted me $15 and Gamestop quoted me $12 for the memory card.

I figure with my previous prepay I have a total of $270 towards the X360 LE. I won't be spending as much as I thought 11/22 which is good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2005, 12:58 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Finally people on this site speaking up. I don't have the psp but my madden on ps2 froze consistently. Check to EA forums and you will see that we are not alone.
For EA to fail to acknowledge this problem is insulting, offensive and criminal.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:06 AM   #7
Glory, Glory, Man United!

AtXj's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
EB gave me $155 for the system.

Madden06 was $31.50 and Lumines was $22.00 trade in. I also traded in a few accessories which I ended up getting a total of $220.00. I can't complain because when I bought the PSP for $250, I had sold Spiderman UMD for $30 and 32 mb card for $30 on ebay bringing down the price by $60.

I was looking on ebay to see how much the 256 MB mem card is going for, but people aren't paying much for them. So EB quoted me $15 and Gamestop quoted me $12 for the memory card.

I figure with my previous prepay I have a total of $270 towards the X360 LE. I won't be spending as much as I thought 11/22 which is good.
So did you trade in your 256mb memory card?

If not i'd take it off your hands for a reasonable price.

Old 10-12-2005, 08:43 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've had the game shutdown on me only twice since purchase, so it hasn't been that much of an issue. Madden PSP is the only football game I've been playing this year, due to the fact that I can play a quarter at a time in my few spare moments (before bed, in the morning, etc.). How often were you seeing the shutdown?

Menu load times on Madden were not a problem for me at all (unlike TW), and online in this game is amazing.

I do see the flaws in the PSP game design (especially load times from EA), but it appears those kinks are steadily getting ironed out as devs learn the hardware and how to stream off the UMD. Socom and GTA are what I'm most looking forward to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »