Home

Madden 360, am I right or not ?

This is a discussion on Madden 360, am I right or not ? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2005, 06:48 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,765
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Madden 360, am I right or not ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
What you've seen so far justifies them removing items from last years version?
I'm just curious. I'm not saying I'm right and anyones wrong just trying to get some opinions. The removal of CAP isn't a big deal for some but for me it's HUGE. My nephews and I always create ourselves and "compete" to see who ends up better. I just can't stand controlling a real player. If I draft a QB with great skills then control him I'm basically discarded his rating and inserting my own, so why draft a QB etc with lets say great awareness when it's unused when I take control?

Anyways I'm sure lots of people will enjoy the game. Hopefully they will improve the game each year.
2 Things:

I dont consider it taking CAP out of the game since this is the first Madden on this platform.

Also, the better graphics and more detailed stadiums are more important to me than CAP for 2 reasons. I never create myself when I play video games and the rosters usually include every important player. Every once in a while you will have to create a "Willie Parker" because he isnt in the game but usually every major player is in the game. I could give a damn if the 3rd TE from the Cowboys is in the game.
aholbert32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:11 PM   #18
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: May 2003
Re: Madden 360, am I right or not ?

I probably missed something, so what's this about an improved injury system?
MidnightPyro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:18 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame
 
bigfnjoe96's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Da Basement
Posts: 11,414
Re: Madden 360, am I right or not ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightPyro
I probably missed something, so what's this about an improved injury system?
It's not so much a system. EA took a page from MIDWAY & they show you the actual close-up of the injured body part in like a 3-D animation
bigfnjoe96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:19 PM   #20
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: Madden 360, am I right or not ?

There was an in-game video showing an injury on field. (Wish I could find the link)

Anyways, it is pretty sweet, it zooms into the spot of the injury and shows an x-ray like image of the injury with the details of the injury and expected time of return.

In general, the injury part of the gameplay looks much more effective than current gen's way.
NCHelix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:33 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame
 
Heelfan71's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 19,946
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Madden 360, am I right or not ?

although I think the new injury thing looks pretty cool, I don't like it. I don't want to know instantly that my RB has a tore ACL. I would rather wait in suspense........seems more realistic that way.
Heelfan71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2005, 09:40 PM   #22
Donny Baseball!
 
Skyboxer's Arena
 
OVR: 55
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 20,198
Re: Madden 360, am I right or not ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
2 Things:

I dont consider it taking CAP out of the game since this is the first Madden on this platform.

Also, the better graphics and more detailed stadiums are more important to me than CAP for 2 reasons. I never create myself when I play video games and the rosters usually include every important player. Every once in a while you will have to create a "Willie Parker" because he isnt in the game but usually every major player is in the game. I could give a damn if the 3rd TE from the Cowboys is in the game.
Thanks for the opinion. Even though I feel there's no excuse for getting rid of CAP I understand it's not an issue for everyone.
I guess bottom line is if the gameplay and atmosphere are greatly improved I can live without the CAP, this year.
Skyboxer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:16 PM   #23
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: Madden 360, am I right or not ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
although I think the new injury thing looks pretty cool, I don't like it. I don't want to know instantly that my RB has a tore ACL. I would rather wait in suspense........seems more realistic that way.
I agree...when you watch a game on TV, they definitely don't know a return time right away, much less what exactly the injury is. It's still better than current gen, but I agree with the fact that it shouldn't be instant.
NCHelix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 AM.

Top -