Home

Madden 360, am I right or not ?

This is a discussion on Madden 360, am I right or not ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2005, 06:48 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden 360, am I right or not ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
What you've seen so far justifies them removing items from last years version?
I'm just curious. I'm not saying I'm right and anyones wrong just trying to get some opinions. The removal of CAP isn't a big deal for some but for me it's HUGE. My nephews and I always create ourselves and "compete" to see who ends up better. I just can't stand controlling a real player. If I draft a QB with great skills then control him I'm basically discarded his rating and inserting my own, so why draft a QB etc with lets say great awareness when it's unused when I take control?

Anyways I'm sure lots of people will enjoy the game. Hopefully they will improve the game each year.
2 Things:

I dont consider it taking CAP out of the game since this is the first Madden on this platform.

Also, the better graphics and more detailed stadiums are more important to me than CAP for 2 reasons. I never create myself when I play video games and the rosters usually include every important player. Every once in a while you will have to create a "Willie Parker" because he isnt in the game but usually every major player is in the game. I could give a damn if the 3rd TE from the Cowboys is in the game.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:11 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

I probably missed something, so what's this about an improved injury system?
Old 10-13-2005, 08:18 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightPyro
I probably missed something, so what's this about an improved injury system?
It's not so much a system. EA took a page from MIDWAY & they show you the actual close-up of the injured body part in like a 3-D animation
Old 10-13-2005, 08:19 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

There was an in-game video showing an injury on field. (Wish I could find the link)

Anyways, it is pretty sweet, it zooms into the spot of the injury and shows an x-ray like image of the injury with the details of the injury and expected time of return.

In general, the injury part of the gameplay looks much more effective than current gen's way.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:33 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

although I think the new injury thing looks pretty cool, I don't like it. I don't want to know instantly that my RB has a tore ACL. I would rather wait in suspense........seems more realistic that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2005, 09:40 PM   #22
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
2 Things:

I dont consider it taking CAP out of the game since this is the first Madden on this platform.

Also, the better graphics and more detailed stadiums are more important to me than CAP for 2 reasons. I never create myself when I play video games and the rosters usually include every important player. Every once in a while you will have to create a "Willie Parker" because he isnt in the game but usually every major player is in the game. I could give a damn if the 3rd TE from the Cowboys is in the game.
Thanks for the opinion. Even though I feel there's no excuse for getting rid of CAP I understand it's not an issue for everyone.
I guess bottom line is if the gameplay and atmosphere are greatly improved I can live without the CAP, this year.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:16 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
although I think the new injury thing looks pretty cool, I don't like it. I don't want to know instantly that my RB has a tore ACL. I would rather wait in suspense........seems more realistic that way.
I agree...when you watch a game on TV, they definitely don't know a return time right away, much less what exactly the injury is. It's still better than current gen, but I agree with the fact that it shouldn't be instant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »