Home

The Bionic Defensive Lineman

This is a discussion on The Bionic Defensive Lineman within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2005, 04:23 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
The Bionic Defensive Lineman

Here's the one thing that really bugs me in Madden, The Bionic Defensive Lineman. What I mean is most evident on screen plays....You drop back as the QB, invite the rush , yep here it comes ..wait till the last sec (not as much as in reality as youll be in the DL mans "suction zone" causing a very wobbly pass) and throw to the Rb behind the screen.

Things look good, OL in front, open field beyond, but wait..the DL that was rushing you flat out uses his bionic legs to change direction with no loss of momentum, and wraps up the ball carrier for a loss. TOTALLY PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE .

And its not just the linemen. Here's an example from reality ..in last MNF game when Roeth rushed for his TD in a shotgun draw play, SD ran a corner blitz (Jammer i think, could be wrong) and he nearly got to Ben , but his momentum carried him slightly past, and when Ben ran forward he was running away from him.

In Madden , i guarantee he would tackle him every time as he would continue to chase him at full speed.

Physics, momentum, the limits of the human anatomy..he must have used his bionic legs again.

Anyways, thats that of my chest..hope 360 version takes more account of this...

Here's hoping in vain...Drew Bledsoe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: The Bionic Defensive Lineman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
Here's the one thing that really bugs me in Madden, The Bionic Defensive Lineman. What I mean is most evident on screen plays....You drop back as the QB, invite the rush , yep here it comes ..wait till the last sec (not as much as in reality as youll be in the DL mans "suction zone" causing a very wobbly pass) and throw to the Rb behind the screen.

Things look good, OL in front, open field beyond, but wait..the DL that was rushing you flat out uses his bionic legs to change direction with no loss of momentum, and wraps up the ball carrier for a loss. TOTALLY PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE .

And its not just the linemen. Here's an example from reality ..in last MNF game when Roeth rushed for his TD in a shotgun draw play, SD ran a corner blitz (Jammer i think, could be wrong) and he nearly got to Ben , but his momentum carried him slightly past, and when Ben ran forward he was running away from him.

In Madden , i guarantee he would tackle him every time as he would continue to chase him at full speed.

Physics, momentum, the limits of the human anatomy..he must have used his bionic legs again.

Anyways, thats that of my chest..hope 360 version takes more account of this...

Here's hoping in vain...Drew Bledsoe.
Yep the good old SUCTION tackle. Current gen is full of both suction blocking and tackling.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:47 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Bionic Defensive Lineman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Yep the good old SUCTION tackle. Current gen is full of both suction blocking and tackling.

From what the latest videos have shown us, EA has only updated the interface. Gameplay and animations look exactly alike. **** EA, I hope they fail.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »